DeKalb Early College Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Stone Mountain, GA. It has 333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
DeKalb Early College Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B276 Students
- A+172 Students
- B138 Students
- A+110 Students
- B+106 Students
- B+104 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-67 Students
- C+65 Students
- C+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
DeKalb Early College Academy Reviews
I love the tight-knit community. I love that every student knows every other student. I love the accolades and the academically rigorous environment. No sports, though! More time for the books!
I loved the teachers at DECA, they really understand the students and help us learn and even make us feel comfortable in confiding with them and asking them for advice when it comes to our personal issues. The administrations relationship with us, students, also make it easier especially when we are having a hard time. But what can be improved are the club activities because a lot of the clubs are falling apart and that can be fixed if there is more recruitment.
DeKalb Early College Academy does a terrific job at preparing their scholars for a college-going culture. The opportunity to become a dual-enrollment student with Georgia State University allows DECA's juniors and seniors the opportunity to get their foot-in-the-door as a high school student. Although the course load can be a lot at times, the teachers and administrative staff are sure to make themselves available to help the students and ensure that they are on the right track.