DeForest High School is an above average, public school located in De Forest, WI. It has 1,060 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
DeForest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+152 Students
- C+64 Students
- B+63 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+50 Students
- B49 Students
- A-47 Students
- B38 Students
- B+29 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
DeForest High School Reviews
Most teachers and instructors were very good. The Advanced Placement and honors course selection were somewhat lacking, but the school district seems to be trying to improve this and add more class options. Class rankings were somewhat arbitrary, even in the year after the school supposedly switched from valedictorian ranking to Latin honors. There were a lot of politics involved in athletics and certain sports, most notably girls soccer. There were a wide variety of clubs and organizations associated with the school, giving students many opportunities to get involved.
DeForest High School is a medium size school of a little over 1,000 enrolled students, grades 9 through 12. It is a pretty average sized school for a rural town and has a constantly growing student population. Overall, the majority of the teachers are fabulous who connect really well with students to get to know them. For class options, DeForest has a few AP College Board classes and Project Lead the Way courses, but the elective choices could be better. Many students are either enrolled in at least one club or sport, and it is easy for a student to start their own club if they're interested in doing so. Most of the student body is familiar with each other and at sporting events, there is a huge sense of pride and community for the DeForest Norskies.
Overall DeForest high school is a very good school. This school is a relatively large school with lots of academics, clubs, and sport opportunities. Their is a great chance you will find something you will enjoy doing here. Whether it’s sports, clubs, or academics. Their are lots of classes to choose from to see what you might be interested in later on.