DeForest High School is an above average, public school located in De Forest, WI. It has 1,033 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
DeForest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+171 Students
- C+81 Students
- B80 Students
- B61 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-54 Students
- B43 Students
- B+36 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
DeForest High School Reviews
DeForest High School is overall a pretty nice school, although it does have some conflict between students. It's very obvious that despite that, many teachers and other faculty members try their best to make sure that their material in class is comprehensible, helpful, and useful in some way. It's a smaller school compared to other schools around the Madison area, but it isn't so small that it's noticeable. One of the downsides is that there isn't much diversity at DeForest High School, which starts to become noticeable after awhile.
Deforest has been a great school throughout my three years of being here. The district always want to make sure that everyone is safe in school, which is an amazing thing. The high school has a variety of clubs, sports, and other activities that get a lot of students involved in. Most of all the teachers are the best part because all of them are looking out for what is best for each student. They really take the time to help their students and get them to achieve great things. Deforest is an amazing school and I would recommend it.
Their are a lot of educational and personal opportunities available at DeForest High School. However, I feel that the school does not use some of their tools to their advantage such as Xello. Xello is a website to help students find careers, colleges, and majors best fit to their personality and interest. I personally feel that this website could be used to our advantage by assisting us in our schedule and allowing us to take classes that we find interest in. This could overall advance us in our studies and help us to better succeed in the future.