Deerfield-Windsor School Reviews

I like the education I get from the school and it has prepared me for college so well! However, being such a small school it is hard to have a lot of diversity and different experiences. I would not trade my time there for anything though!
,.....................................................................................................................................................,.....................................................................................................................................................,.....................................................................................................................................................,.....................................................................................................................................................,.....................................................................................................................................................,.....................................................................................................................................................
I love Deerfield Windsor School, it has really prepared me for college. I have excelled in the college courses that I am taking during my senior year. The only negative that I can say about the school is that it lacks diversity. As an African American student (one of five in my class), I was taught about Black History in the home. Had it not been for my parents, I probably wouldn't know 1/3 of what I know concerning Black Excellence in America. That said, I would not trade my education or experience at DWS! Go Knights!
Start Your Review of Deerfield-Windsor School
Deerfield Windsor was a great, challenging school that prepared students for college. The professors there encouraged students to always bring their "A" game no matter what; therefore, being mediocre was not accepted. Discipline was a quality that I had to embrace to be successful in that environment. Nonetheless, the feelings of achievement, success, growth, and dedication made all the late nights and early mornings worth it. Also, Deerfield helped students to have balance with academics and extracurricular activities. Excellence and success was expected in and outside of the classroom.
I wish my school was more accepting of differences and was more accommodating of students with disabilities. This has been a very big challenge for me at this school for many years.
I have attended Deerfield Windsor since first grade along with my sister; my mom is a teacher at the school. In a small town, it is very hard regardless of what school one will attend, yet the current administration CONTINUES to suggest a community stuck in the stone ages-- coaches are school "heads" and let TOO many issues slide. For example, a popular and good football player got a DUI and his only punishment was to miss two games even though he broke a law. If you are thinking about living in Albany here is my advice: DON'T. And if you do, do not send your child to Deerfield; you would be better off sending them to a similar private school in the region. If you hate hypocrisy, Deerfield is not the place for you!
I have had a wonderful experience with Deerfield Windsor School. The school excels in athletics and academics.
As a current student of Deerfield, my experience has been positive overall. The support from faculty is amazing, and they do an excellent job of preparing students for college and AP exams. Although the workload can be very demanding at times, it is all worth it in the end.
No real policies about bullying I don't think but then again its not like it happens in front of teachers a whole lot
It's the best school in the area. It's the students that really make it difficult. Since it's a private school most everyone comes from a wealthy family which leaves you with a school full of inconsiderate, closed minded, spoiled, self-centered brats.
All the teachers here are great except the English/Literature teachers. One is crazy and yells at people for the smallest things such as stretching in class, one is incredibly disorganized, loses stuff all the time, you have to argue with her to get the grade you genuinely earned, and she is completely illogical and most of what's she saying makes no sense. and the last one who actually is a good teacher unlike the other too just gives an insane amount of work.
Best decision made for our children. A variety of activities are offered for different interests. Students come back to discuss how well prepared they were for college.
Deerfield-Windsor gave me a plethora of knowledge that will help me with the college courses.
The teachers are probably one of the best teachers that I have seen. Each teachers cares for the students' education and tries to help them unlock their potential.
There are many facilities that are accessible to the students when they need it. The school itself is a great environment for a college-prep school.
The administration keeps the safety of the students it's priority. They will try their best to keep the students in a safe learning environment where students do not have to worry about their safety.
The guidance counselor is always there when the students need her. The headmaster supports all of the activities that the student body participates in. The policies of Deerfield-Windsor are well enforced.
Start Your Review of Deerfield-Windsor School
Deerfield-Windsor has many options for the student body to get involved with extracurricular activities. If there is a club that a student wishes to add, they can talk with the administration to see if his or her club will be added.
Wether it be athletics, clubs, or theatre options Deerfiled provides a wide variety of options after school.
Although it is tough getting into Deerfield Windsor (mainly because of academics) I do believe that it is fair. One must take a test to be accepted into Deerfield.