Deerfield High School is a top rated, public school located in Deerfield, IL. It has 1,633 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Deerfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+316 Students
- A+238 Students
- A165 Students
- A164 Students
- A+163 Students
- A+143 Students
- A+140 Students
- A+122 Students
- A-110 Students
- A+107 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Deerfield High School
- A+Highland Park High School
- Township High School District No. 113, IL
- 237 reviews
- A+Maine South High School
- Maine Township High School District No. 207, IL
- 456 reviews
- A+Lake Forest High School
- Public School
- Lake Forest, IL
- 146 reviews
- A+Lake Zurich High School
- Lake Zurich Community Unit School District No. 95, IL
- 339 reviews
Deerfield High School Reviews
The school itself was amazing I was there for the education and trying to excel in the world. If I didn't go to this high school, I wouldn't have made the amazing connections I did and the amazing opportunities I was able to achieve from being in that school. I was able to find a new interest and also lead my school into many new championships for lacrosse. I was set up the first day to think about college during my freshman year. However, the reason I would give this school a three out of five stars because of the lack of diversity and that acknowledgment. There were a lot of questionable things that happened during y years at that school that made me feel unsafe and not wanted. There was a lack of acknowledgment and history, and the admission made it a point that it wasn't their responsibilities to take care of it. There were many times I would have to educate my professors about diversity and racial controversy.
Deerfield High School provides excellent education, resources and activities for all its students! The school goes above and beyond to give each and every student a successful high school experience.
The school is located in an affluent area with very little crime, so many of the teachers and faculty are the type of upstanding citizens you would want in your community. There are many sports, art, and musical programs all of which are invested heavily into. Every January there is a month long School Chest event, which donates all proceeds towards a specific charity or foundation chosen by the students who vote amongst different candidates. The month long event contains special food events, fundraisers, and fun raffles, for example the teacher raffle where students can bid money towards an assortment of teachers that all have their own prize for the highest bidder, like a special dinner or something along those lines. Every year I attended the school raised around 200,000 dollars per year for school chest which was amazing to be a part of.