- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Deerfield is a place of modern, dynamic scholarship. Through an ever-evolving curriculum, Deerfield offers tools and teachers that encourage curiosity and entrepreneurial leadership in its diverse student body. Students' grit and determination are fortified with the support and collaboration of other scholars, as they examine the world's most pressing problems, together. Deerfield's program is enhanced by an abundance of events, clubs, invited speakers, global trips, and community-wide activities—all in support of a rigorous yet collaborative, hardworking yet joyful student experience.
Deerfield Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+79 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Deerfield Academy Reviews
Unfortunately, as a lower-income and LGBTQ student I experienced a lot of classism, elitism, and blatant transphobia. While Deerfield claims to be diverse or progressive, most students and faculty were ignorant to their own privilege. I did not feel as though I was supported as much as my straight and cisgender classmates and I did not feel like I could ask for support or compassion on those issues. Even worse, I saw my peers of color experience a huge amount of discrimination and racism. Despite hard work from the student alliances the administration never actually addressed the racism fully or made meaningful change.
There is a lot to be gained from a Deerfield education, but at the expense of feeling safe or comfortable if you are not a wealthy cisgender white student.
What makes Deerfield stand out is its long-standing sit-down tradition, where randomly selected groups of 6-7 students are assigned to sit at a table and eat lunch together daily with 1 adult present. Our sit-down tradition has helped me meet tons of likable students, who I would not have otherwise met.