Deer Park Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 551 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Deer Park Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A79 Students
- A-37 Students
- A-29 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-19 Students
- A19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B12 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Deer Park Junior/Senior High School
- BNorwood High School
- Norwood City School District, OH
- 70 reviews
- CWinton Woods High School
- Winton Woods City School District, OH
- 131 reviews
- B-Colerain High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- 328 reviews
- BLloyd High School
- Erlanger-Elsmere Independent Schools, KY
- 42 reviews
Deer Park Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Deer Park High School provided the best experience possible within me. It cultivated within me the passion to learn, challenged my intellectual ability and encouraged me to forge new pathways in personal education. They equipped me with the skills I needed to succeed in University life and in Career life. Their encouragement to be involved and be active in the community helped to prepare me for a life of servant hood and challenged students to go out of their comfort zone in order to facilitate growth. I am thankful for the education I received at Deer Park High School.
I loved going to Deer Park Highschool, there were many different classes that sparked my interest in STEM and the academic aids were very helpful. I go back and visit some and check in with some of my old teachers, but they have made some good and bad choices in new teachers that they have brought in. I've been by and I still have some friends in highschool and they are telling me some things about these new teachers that have come in and it's not that great. I have personally experienced it first hand. They have gone somewhat downhill from where they used to be.
My overall experience at this school so far has been great! I have been here, at the high school, since 7th grade up until now, a 10th grader. What makes this school unique are definitely the teachers and the tight-knitted community. Everyone seems to know each other and everyone is like family. Whoever you bump into, there is something that you have to know about them. It's a small community and it is truly great. My favorite experiences at this school would definitely be the concerts and events that the school hosts. They are all extremely fun and the whole community gets together as well. Parker's is another one of my favorite because you get to see another side of students that you don't get to see in classes and it's amazing to see many talents and efforts put into this Deer Park tradition. I would definitely choose this school again if I could do it all over.