Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Deer Park Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 527 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Deer Park Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus91 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
- grade B+41 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade A+34 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
- grade A20 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B+15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Homecoming week22%
- Scarlet And Gery Day, Powder Puff22%
- Marching band at Disney every 4 years11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,113 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Deer Park Junior/Senior High School
- grade BNorwood High School
- Norwood City School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 71 reviews
- grade CWinton Woods High School
- Winton Woods City School District, OH
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 140 reviews
- grade B minusColerain High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 348 reviews
- grade BLloyd High School
- Erlanger-Elsmere Independent Schools, KY
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 49 reviews
Deer Park Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 59 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers are amazing and care deeply about the students. It is a close knit school and everyone cares for each other. However, the younger classes are very disrespectful and some of the teachers have even quit due to there being no disciplinary action for those classes. To really challenge yourself, you need to enroll in the AP and honors classes. Deer Park also offers an opportunity to gain college credit by take college classes through UC or Cincinnati State. This was an amazing opportunity that I took advantage of and has helped me prepare for what college is actually going to be like. The sports are not the best and the school does not have a good winning record. However, our band program is outstanding and places at numerous competitions.
I attended Deer Park City Schools from K-12. My time at Deer Park prepared and gave me the support, encouragement, and tools needed to allow me further my education and athletics. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure you have the skills needed to be successful in all areas of your life. I was able to not only excel in the classroom, but I was involved in many clubs and activities and sports. Teachers, administration, faculty members have the best interest
Deer Park High School provided the best experience possible within me. It cultivated within me the passion to learn, challenged my intellectual ability and encouraged me to forge new pathways in personal education. They equipped me with the skills I needed to succeed in University life and in Career life. Their encouragement to be involved and be active in the community helped to prepare me for a life of servant hood and challenged students to go out of their comfort zone in order to facilitate growth. I am thankful for the education I received at Deer Park High School.