Deer Park High School is a public school located in Deer Park, WA. It has 661 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Deer Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-83 Students
- A81 Students
- A+45 Students
- C-38 Students
- B+29 Students
- C26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Deer Park High School
- CDeer Park Home Link Program
- Deer Park School District, WA
- 23 reviews
- C+Riverside High School
- Riverside School District, WA
- 80 reviews
- BShadle Park High School
- Spokane School District, WA
- 202 reviews
- C+Mead Education Partnership Program
- Mead School District, WA
Deer Park High School Reviews
Deer Park is a small town. I graduated high school with about 130 students. I liked this school because of how much you can be involved in. Aside from the normal high school activities like sports and ASB deer park had a lot of clubs you can be involved in. I joined a few different clubs which in a small school means you can become friends with kids you may not have even talked to if you were in a big school. Clubs make it so you can stay focused, have something to look forward to, get involved and make new friends. Even though it is a small town deer park offers college credit within high school for those that would like it. They even offer you to work to an AA degree and pay for tuition. That is an amazing opportunity for a small town to give. Overall with the sense of community and amount you can Ben involved in I had a really good experience at deer park!
Deer Park High School has been an overall pleasant experience. The school building is very pretty, even if having glass walls isn't ideal I'm the winter. The funding for the school's technology is phenomenal; having 5 almost brand new computer labs, multiple carts of new Chromebooks, and a broadcast studio is incredible. Having recyclable math books means we can have new, college-ready textbooks every year. The school offers incredible opportunities by offering free college dual enrollment courses at the school and off campus, as well as Microsoft certificatiom courses. The school spirit is very prevalent, promoted by the Link Crew and ASB's activities and make the environment wonderful. The only thing that isn't entirely up to participate is the science department; certain teachers don't even attempt to teach and not much is learned. Despite this, Deer Park offers a wonderful high school experience.
I met teachers here in Deer Park that have inspired me and helped me through the struggles of choosing a path for my life after high school. They supported me and helped whenever they could. I love being at my high school because there is so much respect evident for people and property. It is truly a place that I can be myself. No matter how far I go, Deer Park will always be my home.