Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Deer Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Deer Park, TX. It has 4,064 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Deer Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-889 Students
- A+760 Students
- A+702 Students
- B+655 Students
- B+583 Students
- A451 Students
- B421 Students
- B405 Students
- B401 Students
- A+373 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.72 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.72 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 228 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.110 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.127 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.127 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.127 responses
Schools like Deer Park High School
- A-Pearland High School
- Pearland Independent School District, TX
- 615 reviews
- B+Pasadena Memorial High School
- Pasadena Independent School District, TX
- 425 reviews
- B+Summer Creek High School
- Humble Independent School District, TX
- 401 reviews
- A-Impact Early College High School
- Goose Creek Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 154 reviews
Deer Park High School Reviews
I have been in the same district all my life and I don’t think I have ever been introduced to anything better! Deer Park high school for me has its ups and downs, but I wouldn’t rather go to any other school. I am in the Early College program at my school and I was in the gist group to be apart of it at my high school. I love the fact that I am able to have this opportunity and also that I am able to speak with my counselor whenever I need to. Whether they are helping me out with the program or just some problems I may be having in my day to day life. I also want to mention that the staff and teachers are amazing! They really care about their students and what they will become in the future.
Deer Park High School is great in many regards, there's a top-level athletics program and it's also extremely academically competitive. They offer wonderful advanced learning courses and many different clubs for all different types of students. However, that being said, there are a few not-so-great things about the school. For instance, the majority of the school's funding goes directly to the varsity athletics teams, and not the the other organizations that are in need, such as JROTC, or Robotics. It's not to say that they're barely staying alive, but they aren't doing as well as they could be.
My experience at Deer Park High School was wonderful! I always felt safe, the teachers genuinly cared about the students success. I was always able to get help from them. But one thing I would like to see improve was the councilors help.