Decorah High School is a highly rated, public school located in Decorah, IA. It has 568 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A123 Students
- A-96 Students
- A90 Students
- B+84 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-33 Students
- A31 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-21 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Decorah High School
- B+South Winneshiek High School
- South Winneshiek Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
- B-Waukon High School
- Allamakee Community School District, IA
- 91 reviews
- B-Crestwood High School
- Howard-Winneshiek Community School District, IA
- 74 reviews
- BMabel-Canton Secondary School
- Mabel-Canton Public School District, MN
- 10 reviews
Decorah High School Reviews
The best feature of Decorah High School is the opportunity for involvement. Almost every student is involved in either a sport, fine art, or club. The staff is very involved in student success, which has resulted in many wonderful achievements. My experience at Decorah High School has definitely been a good one!
All the teachers are very kind and helpful, they help you along your journey in high school. The teachers here will always be there to help you even if they are busy, they all make time for each of their students. The administration also helps students along their way with academics of any kind by providing study tables, working lunch, flextimes, and many other opportunities. Along with academics the school also provides many clubs and sports to get involved in. Every single club and/or sport are very welcoming and a great experience over all.
Decorah High School is a safe place for students waiting to advance to the next step. Decorah helps get you ready for college from the teachers and staff. There are many clubs and you are even able to create one if you have enough people interested. Decorah has good food and other options if you maybe aren't interested in their main option. If you are vegetarian, the lunch staff is flexible. When it comes to sports and music, Decorah is very dedicated in those areas. Sometimes I wonder if they put more effort into those than academics sometimes.