Decatur High School is an elite, public school located in Decatur, GA. It has 1,073 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Decatur High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+275 Students
- B+148 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+92 Students
- B+91 Students
- B64 Students
- A+57 Students
- A51 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Decatur High School Reviews
Decatur High School has its ups and downs. The steps you take and if you achieve your goals really depends on the teachers you get. It's a growing school. meaning there are many new and inexperienced teachers. But if you get lucky you can get amazing, well-rounded teachers that you will remember for the rest of your life, because of the great impact they had on your academic life. Decatur is also a great place to meet new people with very different backgrounds, considering it's groundbreaking diversity. There are kids from all around the world including myself being from Brazil. People are great and in my opinion, depending if luck goes your way, you are very likely to succeed.
Decatur High is a academically high performing school (ranked first in our district) with amazing clubs, activities, and sports programs. The thing I've loved the most about our school is how accepting the students and staff are. As a part of the LGBTQ+ community, I was scared of coming into a hostile environment, but I found exactly the opposite.
My overall best experience at this school was so far is okay because I came long way. Such as getting use to my surrounding. My favorite experience was doing my sophomore project I wrote my first ever book which was challenging and new base on the requirement for the project. What makes this school unique is the curriculum which is IB meaning college level learning and the extra activities curriculum. I would choose this school if I could do it again because this school has challenge me like no ever done. This school doesn't discriminated anyone the teachers and counselors are your best friends. It welcome for all and it's diverse!