Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Decatur High School is a public school located in Decatur, AR. It has 151 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 4 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Decatur High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-53 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-31 Students
- B16 Students
- B15 Students
- C+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Decatur High School
- B-Colcord High School
- Colcord Public Schools, OK
- 26 reviews
- CWatts High School
- Watts Public Schools, OK
- 8 reviews
- BGentry High School Conversion Charter School
- Gentry School District, AR
- 76 reviews
- B+Siloam Springs High School Conversion Charter School
- Siloam Springs School District, AR
- 144 reviews
Decatur High School Reviews
Decatur High School is located in the small town of Decatur, Arkansas. It has a very low population rate and averages only about 40 to 50 students per grade. The majority of the students here have known their peers for almost all of their lives and are very close to each other. The teachers are very motivated to help the students be the best they can be. I have only been at Decatur for about 2 years, and my experience so far has been an amazing one. The faculty here are very motivating, and the students make you feel at home. One thing I would change is the income we have and where it goes. I wish that Decatur High School spent more money on programs for the school, instead of other unnecessary things.
Decatur High School is located in Decatur, Arkansas. When I first moved here in 2017, I thought that I would be an outcast knowing that I was a city girl that now lives in a small town filled with farms. But the moment I walked in the school doors, I was welcomed by hugs and smiles. When it comes to the environment of the school, I would give it a million stars if I was able to. But the reason why I give it a two star rating is because the academics can improve. Students are not challenged in their daily lives at school so how would they be able to step into the real world. They do not try and question why they are doing work. This is not how a school should be if we are wanting to change the future.
Our school does not listen to their student's concerns. For such a small school it should be able to at least acknowledged students' concerns. The people in charge think they know best though. There are many kids at my school that care deeply about their education, but our voices are not heard because our opinions are not asked for.