Decatur High School is an above average, public school located in Decatur, AL. It has 978 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Decatur High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A61 Students
- A56 Students
- B+50 Students
- A49 Students
- A-38 Students
- B35 Students
- B34 Students
- B28 Students
- B-27 Students
- A20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Decatur High School Reviews
The thing I love most at Decatur High with out a doubt is the Developmental wing! They are my absolute favorites ! I also admire the culinary department, the teachers are so sweet and actually care for their students and their needs, they do things like fundraisers to help the people who do not have as much money pay for their dues. If i could change something from school it would be the school food as well as some traditions, some things are parts of the school and I totally understand but some of these traditions offer better to certain people than others.
There's many wonderful things about Decatur High! Our school spirit is out of this world. The teachers want the best for their students even when the students are at their lowest. The staff and faculty make school feel like our second home even when we don't like it some days. Even the principle make the school better with just his friendly smile! All of us is ready to take on a new year every time the old one ends. I'm so thankful for my school and for the teacher for shaping me into the student I am today. I'm proud to be a red raider and I wouldn't change that for the world.
Decatur High School is a great place for learning. The staff and administration are dedicated to their students success and push them to be involved in the classroom and extracurricular activities. Most of my teachers prepared me for the classes I would be taking the next year. If I could change something about Decatur it would be that they offered more dual enrollment classes on campus. There are dual enrollment classes that are offered now but they are at the community college, and since the school is on block schedule it is difficult for students to find 2 free blocks to travel.