De Soto Senior High School is a public school located in Desoto, MO. It has 984 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
De Soto Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-70 Students
- B66 Students
- B+39 Students
- A34 Students
- A31 Students
- B31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like De Soto Senior High School
- C+North County Senior High School
- North St. Francois County R-I School District, MO
- 83 reviews
- B-Herculaneum High School
- Dunklin R-V School District, MO
- 75 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest R-I School District, MO
- 189 reviews
- C+Grandview High School
- Grandview R-II School District, MO
- 48 reviews
De Soto Senior High School Reviews
For the most part, I enjoyed De Soto Senior High School all four years of high school. Most of the staff is very welcoming and polite, there are a few teachers I would definitely never want to have a class with but not all high schools are perfect. I've had plenty of opportunities to get involved in activities at De Soto Senior High and that is one of the things I love most about it. It is an extremely encouraging high school and all students are given opportunities regardless of what their interests are.
This is a school wrought with problems from inefficient leadership. The administration at the high school, with the exception of Mr. Tucker, is completely feckless and useless. Only a handful of teachers are worth the money they are paid, actually giving the students a challenge instead of busy work. Overall, my high school experience was full of incompetence and bureaucratic nonsense at the highest level of the district.
Some of the teachers are committed to teaching students. While others are not as committed. Overall, my experience has been good because of the students and the opportunities to participate in events.