Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
De Soto High School is a highly rated, public school located in De Soto, KS. It has 947 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
De Soto High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-201 Students
- A-198 Students
- B+90 Students
- B+69 Students
- B-52 Students
- B50 Students
- B+50 Students
- A-43 Students
- B42 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like De Soto High School
- AMill Valley High School
- DeSoto Unified School District, KS
- 326 reviews
- AOlathe South High School
- Olathe Public Schools, KS
- 556 reviews
- AOlathe East High School
- Olathe Public Schools, KS
- 385 reviews
- A-Eudora High School
- Eudora Unified School District, KS
- 89 reviews
De Soto High School Reviews
Overall it is a great environment for incoming freshman to college ready seniors. Teachers are always willing to help out their students if they need it. There are plenty of opportunities for students to get college credits with numerous AP classes. Along with college prep classes there are a lot of other classes that account for different student interests. The sports programs are also great for students interested in athletics. They have many diverse sports including football, bowling basketball, swim, and many more. The coaches are always watching out for their athletes by looking over their grades and overall well being. I would highly recommend De Soto High School for any parent wanting the best high school experience for their student.
I started at De Soto my freshman year and I didn’t know anyone. I was immediately welcomed with open arms. I’ve only had like two teachers that weren’t great but even though I did not enjoy how their classes were run, I still felt as if I could ask for help at any time. Every teacher is there for you and to help you be better. There are some problems with homophobia but only with a few people. Almost all of the students get along. There’s no cliques or anything. You will definitely find your people at De Soto. The main sports are always fun and a lot of people go but some smaller ones are recognized by students as much. There are a lot of awesome clubs to join. Some of the food isn’t great but they have great smaller snacks you can buy as well. The school has great help on hand for students with mental health issues. The only bad thing I can say about De Soto is some of the main administrators are very conceited.
De Soto High School is a small-community school that really takes interest in the welfare of their students and their educations. One thing I love about the school is the relationships you form with your teachers. I like that I am able to go to any teacher and talk to them about a wide range of topics, whether it be personal or educational. However, one thing I dislike about De Soto is the parking problems faced. Although this has nothing to do with education itself, students are pulled from class to move their cars if it’s not in a “correct” spot, which typically takes around 15-20 minutes out of a class to walk down and move your car before returning to class.