Dayton Regional STEM School is a top rated, public school located in Kettering, OH. It has 672 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Dayton Regional STEM School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-114 Students
- A+73 Students
- A70 Students
- A54 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-44 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Dayton Regional STEM School
- A-Yellow Springs High School & McKinney Middle School
- Yellow Springs Exempted Village School District, OH
- 37 reviews
- B-Stebbins High School
- Mad River Local School District, OH
- 163 reviews
- B+Cedarville High School
- Cedar Cliff Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
- B+Stivers School for the Arts
- Dayton City School District, OH
- 193 reviews
Dayton Regional STEM School Reviews
Having attended DRSS from 6th-12th grade. I have seen the school through many phases. The school truly has grown to be amazing places for students who enjoy hands on work and critical thinking. I will admit this school is not for every student since it uses a very unique learning style (Project Based Learning), but if you or your child truly has an interest in STEM fields, then this is the place to be for the content and the college readiness programs.
The Dayton Regional STEM School was a wonderful place for me to spend the majority of my educational career. The constant innovation, friendly environment, and excellent student involvement has made my time interesting and educational. New facilities, such as the Air Force Research Laboratory (which is in the school) and 3D printing areas show how dedicated the school is to STEM principles.
DRSS is a wonderful alternative to the local public schools. They take pride in meeting the student where they are and letting the student direct their own learning. Very open to creative projects! Very supportive of individual differences. Some teachers are slow in entering grades but they are giving feedback directly to the student if the student request it. Some of the teachers will take personal interest in the students and that really facilitates the learning process! It was the perfect school for me. I was ready for my college experience.