Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Dayton High School is a public school located in Dayton, TX. It has 1,480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Dayton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-177 Students
- A+170 Students
- A+148 Students
- B135 Students
- B+134 Students
- B-129 Students
- B-120 Students
- B-104 Students
- B100 Students
- A93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 81 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Dayton High School
- BCrosby High School
- Crosby Independent School District, TX
- 174 reviews
- BLiberty High School
- Liberty Independent School District, TX
- 53 reviews
- B+Hargrave High School
- Huffman Independent School District, TX
- 144 reviews
- B-Hardin High School
- Hardin Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
Dayton High School Reviews
I am a senior at Dayton High School, so I could say my experience from here has been very good so far. I always got the classes I liked and never had any problems with changing the ones I didn't like. There are plenty of great resources for your interest, ranging from your creativity with the wonderful art teacher, or to your athletic ability with numerous sport-programs you can choose from. Our advanced placement courses (AP) are also very well organized, meaning students from Dayton High School are mentally prepared and/or already have a head start with college credit. Things I would like to see change would start with the food. It usually consists of the same foods weekly and doesn't have a wide range of options. Another thing our school could improve on is technology, it all works but they are starting to get worn out; for example, the Chrome-Books we have are starting to feel out of date. Other than that, this school is great for new students and great for new opportunities.
I really liked how there was many teachers there to help you better understand subjects when you needed it. I give much credits to some of the teachers rather than the school itself. The teachers is what made the days here better. The school itself did not care too much for the school as a whole to strive for excellence. The school is very much strict to even participate in school programs and activities. Very bland to only caring about its city of Dayton in reference to its colors and agriculture. As a school, I believe is very important to recognize and practice in all types of interest and hobbies for the students. Every student is different, every students learns different also.
This school is in a very small school, therefore, everyone knows everyone. There’s obviously bullies, but what school doesn’t? This school was average in my opinion.