Dayton High School is a public school located in Dayton, OR. It has 331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Dayton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B23 Students
- C22 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-13 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Dayton High School
- B-North Marion High School
- North Marion School District, OR
- 116 reviews
- CGervais High School
- Gervais School District, OR
- 59 reviews
- BMcNary High School
- Salem-Keizer School District, OR
- 323 reviews
- B-Newberg Senior High School
- Newberg School District, OR
- 233 reviews
Dayton High School Reviews
Dayton high school is and okay school but I really wish they had more college resources available. They don't really talk much about college or the things to prepare for it. We have a college and career center but it's not open that often, also all junior year they never talked about scholarships or college they just had some college trips and a project. I wish they had more college stuff available.
Even though I have yet to graduate, Dayton High School has been overall amazing. The staff is great and they offer you the help that you need. What I like most about Dayton High is that the whole student body and staff know you. That way, it is way easier to get help because you're friends with everyone and anybody is willing to help you. Something that I would like to see change is that we don't have like cooking class, pottery class, building classes, sewing class. I hope to see that go into action soon. Those classes would be good and helpful to have at Dayton High School.
It didn't help me reach my potential in the slightest. The classes are easy for the most part, and kids still constantly fail then blame it on the teachers. The parental bias, especially in the administration is ridiculous. The counselor is extremely unhelpful, her assistant is more so. The only reason I would choose this school again is for the few great teachers, my peers, and if i didn't want to work very hard.