Dawson-Bryant High School is a public school located in Coal Grove, OH. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Dawson-Bryant High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-62 Students
- C+44 Students
- C43 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+32 Students
- A20 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-15 Students
- C-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Dawson-Bryant High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Dawson-Bryant High School
- CSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 100 reviews
- BRaceland-Worthington High School
- Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools, KY
- 56 reviews
- BFairland High School
- Fairland Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
Dawson-Bryant High School Reviews
Dawson-Bryant Local Schools, specifically the High School and Elementary, have outstanding staff members. The guidance counselors and advisors are always available, willing to help, and extremely encouraging. The teachers are very engaged with their students and very successful in preparing students for life after high school. Unfortunately, with the lack of funding Dawson-Bryant receives, the district is unable to provide many opportunities with sports, clubs, and/or organizations. They do provide as many as they are able to, though, such as Quiz Bowl, Bowling, and National Honors Society. Dawson-Bryant High School truly does prepare students for life outside of school, instead of only teaching the bare minimum as other schools do.
Dawson-Bryant has a good support system, the teachers really help the students to succeed. There are a lot of clubs and sports to get involved with. There are many activities the school participates in like assemblies and fundraisers. Dawson-Bryant also has opportunities to earn college credit through AP and dual credit through Ohio University. One thing the school could improve is the restrooms, working stall doors would be nice. Also, there are also plenty of resturants that surround the school which makes a good place to visit after school
Dawson- Bryant is an overall great small school with class sizes around 18-20 students, which allows for great one on one interaction between the teacher and students. The teachers all care about their students' education and strive to make each student work to their best abilities. The teachers are very encouraging when things get stressful. The faculty was helpful when I was preparing for college and picking the best one for me. There are plenty of ways to get involved at Dawson- Bryant because they offer many clubs and extracurricular activities.