Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Dawson-Boyd Secondary School is an above average, public school located in Dawson, MN. It has 263 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Dawson-Boyd Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A18 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade B+16 Students
- grade B16 Students
- grade B+15 Students
- grade B15 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade A10 Students
- grade B9 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Blackjack Homecoming31%
- Holiday Dress Up Weeks31%
- Blackjack versus Vikings rivalry15%
- Traditional sport pep rallies15%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,831 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Dawson-Boyd Secondary School Reviews
Rating 3.75 out of 5 44 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Dawson-Boyd Secondary is a small school with big dreams. Students are encouraged to get involved with extracurriculars, and academics are strong. Classes are small, which lets students get more one on one time with teachers. Sports are also encouraged, with most students playing at least one sport. Student morale is high, and bullying is very low. We also have one of the best music programs in the area. We have 50+ students in senior high band, 60+ students in senior high orchestra, and over 100 students in senior high choir, which is a strong majority of the senior high population. Students support each other and help each other out. Parents also get involved with sports teams and organizing activities such as the prom after-party. As a student who has been in the Dawson-Boyd School District my entire life, I definitely know that the school has impacted me and helped me reach my goals.
DBHS is not your typical small town school. The teachers do not end their day when the bell rings. They get to really know each student on a multitude of levels. They are friends, mentors, cheerleaders, and a huge source of support in all the students need to go forward and be confident they can achieve their goals and plans for an amazing future.
It's a good school. A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a