Davison High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Davison, MI. It has 1,564 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Davison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A134 Students
- B-124 Students
- B103 Students
- C97 Students
- A+94 Students
- B+92 Students
- B74 Students
- B+72 Students
- B-69 Students
- B69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Davison High School
- AGenesee Early College
- Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools, MI
- 18 reviews
- C-Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint Public Schools, MI
- 178 reviews
- C-Hamady Community High School
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- 106 reviews
- C-Bendle High School
- Bendle Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
Davison High School Reviews
Davison High School is overall a very good school with friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Academic programs are great, with many pathways, including AP and dual enrollment, open to students. There are countless sports teams for students to join or watch after school on most days. The music and arts department are excellent, but could have better resources/facilities. All around, Davison High School prepares students for college and work.
Overall, Davison High School has the ability to be excellent in terms of education, but sometimes teachers of high level classes do not sufficiently prepare for things like AP tests without having to teach yourself key concepts. Despite this, education is overall good. The art department encases a large range of abilities from intro to college level classes. When it comes to school culture however, students are often forced into situations and the administration and guidance office do not always appear to be trying to help the students.
Overall the school and teachers are great. There are some teachers that I loved and others that I didn't, but that's like most schools. I do feel that there was a lot more attention given to the athletics program as compared to the rest of the school. More specifically, the football team was viewed as a priority, especially compared to other sports. I was on the tennis team and there were numerous times that we were left without transportation to a match so we had to forfeit; this is something that would never happen to the football team.