Davis High School Reviews

Davis High School is an academically excellent school with many opportunities for achievement in extracurricular activities.
Davis High is one of the best high schools in Utah. We are known for our outstanding academics, including nationally ranked pass rates of AP tests and a majority of our students in AP and honors classes. The teachers are very helpful and often are willing to meet with students outside of class. There are many clubs for students to get involved in, ranging from Key Club to Chinese Club (which I am a member of, despite the fact that I have never taken a Chinese class). The students are generally kind and motivated, and we usually feel very safe. Students would like more school dances (we currently have 4, all formal or semi-formal) and more school spirit events (such as stomps or pep-rallies). Overall, it is a really great school!
Davis High is a huge high school, but it makes it awesome because there are so many people to be friends with and so many great class oppurtunities!
Start Your Review of Davis High School
This school has been an amazing experience. I have been able to get involved in so many clubs. I've also been able to become a member of the track and cross country teams, even though I'm not the best. The teachers are great and are so willing to work with students. We have great AP pass rates because of the good work of our teachers! There is a great student body full of kids to help and serve wherever they can. The students are kind and very inclusive, always ready to jump on board to make things happen. I'm proud to be a Davis Dart!
Davis has some of the greatest faculty and staff and is great with their academics and getting their students ready for college, however, the lack of diversity has left many of the students very closed minded to many different social and political issues.
It has a great education program with the best teachers around! It also is one of the top sports schools in Utah.
It's a very good school, but there isn't enough room for one-on-one attention for students who are struggling due to the large class sizes.
One of the things that I loved about Davis high is the tradition that was built into every student who attended. The friendships, dreams, and the families in as which were made while atttending good old Davis high.
Davis High School is an excellent school with great teachers that really care for their students their student's futures. The teachers and administration not only care about their students but know how to push them so that they can reach their potential.
The school was very impressive academic-wise. The community and mindset of the residents was off-putting. There is a lot of pressure to put on students to achieve and you can see the segregation it makes. There are students who are involved in everything, and then students who are involved in nothing. The staff doesn't really care all that much and isn't very helpful.
I participated in honors academics programs, advanced placement, concurrent enrollment, and sports. The early college credit and experience really helped me out at Utah State. The sports program was also very good.
The education aspect was great, teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. Peers are great too, they push each other to the best they can be.
This high school is huge. There are upward of 35+ students in each class. The poor teachers struggle to meet the needs of all their students so I feel like most have given up. There are a handful of good teachers but most ignore the kids who are struggling because its too much work. The admin in the main office is great. The Secretary in the counseling center is amazing but mist of the counselors are, again, over worked. Its difficult to get them to respond. The students are bullies and priveladged brats. They bully anyone who is different from them, which isn't many. I've had 3 children go to this school. They all fit in with the students white, priveladged lifestyle but felt terrible about their peers bullying and picking on others.
Overall I believe it is a very successful school! It has cultivated some very successful students and is well known. However, I do think there is room to improve. Because Davis High School is home to thousands of students it is hard for the students to gain a actual relationship with any one teacher. Teachers can be great mentoring, but it can be hard with so many students. I feel like another area of improvement is in the respect of the students. You can tell by the way that the students treat the building, how their levels of respect vary. I have seen Davis trashed pretty badly and it wouldn't hurt to teach the students a little respect. Besides those points Davis is an amazing school!
Davis High has great academics and very high ap pass rates. It also has great sports programs. Almost all of the teachers are amazing and very helpful. This school is rated as one of the top in the state and the nation and it is rightfully so
In my two years at Davis High School I don't have any complaints about staff or students. It's a wonderful school with teachers who push their students to work harder and help them achieve greatness.
Davis High School was a excellent school, especially for those students interested in mathematics and science. The mathematics program here is outstanding.
Start Your Review of Davis High School
Davis is a great school with lots of great teachers and tons of unique and valuable opportunities. It does lack diversity but has incredible academics and great athletics. Sometimes it can seem impersonal because of the vast quantity of students that attend Davis.
I loved it there. I learned so much and was so prepared for my first year of college. The teachers are wonderful, for the most part, and I really felt like they cared about me. DHP forever.
Davis High is an excellent school. In fact, better than most in Utah. It has great teachers and an amazing curriculum. This school really helps students succeed and helps for them to strive in future college academics. The only thing that this school, and every high school for that matter, is lacking in is safety from bullies. Personally, I have not experienced it at this school but I know it's an issue. Being part of the HOPE Squad at Davis High I definitely get to see some aftermath of bullying and it's difficult. However, Davis does stand united together. We strive for tradition and it's actually considered very important to a lot to make it stay that way. Also, there's a lot of diversity in many ways. Students of all races, personalities, intelligence, etc. come together in clubs, sports, and other activities. Overall, Davis is a great school and everyone can find a place here.