Davis High School Reviews

The academic atmosphere is excellent. There is a lot of healthy competition amongst students to be at the top. The lack of diversity sometimes isolates minorities, like me. Overall, great school!
Appealing atmosphere, administrators attempt to keep the environment interactive and open as well as making themselves approachable by the studentbody.
Davis High School is so focused on learning and making your future bright. It has so many fun people and clubs to make the school year great. The teachers are always open to improving scores and making your learning great.
Start Your Review of Davis High School
Davis High School was a great school for me. I loved the teachers, the environment, and the academics. It is definitely one of the best schools in the state. However, I would like to see the school do more to reach out to students with poor grades. The focus of the school is too much on those that are already excelling, and not enough on those that are falling behind.
Davis High School provided a great education in a comfortable, save, instructive environment. The school has great programs all around, including: musical programs, art programs, academic programs, and athletic programs. Students can be extremely connected and involved with the many great opportunities for extracurricular activities as well.
I liked the fact that teachers wanted to see you succeed but at the same time wanted to give you a challenge to prepare you for college.
I love the academics. I think that they are very strong and competitive, which helps to prepare us for college. The cliques are pretty bad, so that is something I would like to see change. Our athletics are really incredible too and I hope that they just continue to get stronger.
Davis High School is an academically excellent school with many opportunities for achievement in extracurricular activities.
Davis High is one of the best high schools in Utah. We are known for our outstanding academics, including nationally ranked pass rates of AP tests and a majority of our students in AP and honors classes. The teachers are very helpful and often are willing to meet with students outside of class. There are many clubs for students to get involved in, ranging from Key Club to Chinese Club (which I am a member of, despite the fact that I have never taken a Chinese class). The students are generally kind and motivated, and we usually feel very safe. Students would like more school dances (we currently have 4, all formal or semi-formal) and more school spirit events (such as stomps or pep-rallies). Overall, it is a really great school!
Davis High is a huge high school, but it makes it awesome because there are so many people to be friends with and so many great class oppurtunities!
This school has been an amazing experience. I have been able to get involved in so many clubs. I've also been able to become a member of the track and cross country teams, even though I'm not the best. The teachers are great and are so willing to work with students. We have great AP pass rates because of the good work of our teachers! There is a great student body full of kids to help and serve wherever they can. The students are kind and very inclusive, always ready to jump on board to make things happen. I'm proud to be a Davis Dart!
Davis has some of the greatest faculty and staff and is great with their academics and getting their students ready for college, however, the lack of diversity has left many of the students very closed minded to many different social and political issues.
It has a great education program with the best teachers around! It also is one of the top sports schools in Utah.
It's a very good school, but there isn't enough room for one-on-one attention for students who are struggling due to the large class sizes.
One of the things that I loved about Davis high is the tradition that was built into every student who attended. The friendships, dreams, and the families in as which were made while atttending good old Davis high.
Davis High School is an excellent school with great teachers that really care for their students their student's futures. The teachers and administration not only care about their students but know how to push them so that they can reach their potential.
The school was very impressive academic-wise. The community and mindset of the residents was off-putting. There is a lot of pressure to put on students to achieve and you can see the segregation it makes. There are students who are involved in everything, and then students who are involved in nothing. The staff doesn't really care all that much and isn't very helpful.
Start Your Review of Davis High School
I participated in honors academics programs, advanced placement, concurrent enrollment, and sports. The early college credit and experience really helped me out at Utah State. The sports program was also very good.
The education aspect was great, teachers are very helpful and want you to succeed. Peers are great too, they push each other to the best they can be.
This high school is huge. There are upward of 35+ students in each class. The poor teachers struggle to meet the needs of all their students so I feel like most have given up. There are a handful of good teachers but most ignore the kids who are struggling because its too much work. The admin in the main office is great. The Secretary in the counseling center is amazing but mist of the counselors are, again, over worked. Its difficult to get them to respond. The students are bullies and priveladged brats. They bully anyone who is different from them, which isn't many. I've had 3 children go to this school. They all fit in with the students white, priveladged lifestyle but felt terrible about their peers bullying and picking on others.