Davis High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kaysville, UT. It has 2,487 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 28 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Davis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+497 Students
- A423 Students
- B-378 Students
- A+330 Students
- B-263 Students
- B135 Students
- C+110 Students
- B99 Students
- B-68 Students
- B+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 127 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Davis High School Reviews
Davis High is one of the best high schools in Utah. We are known for our outstanding academics, including nationally ranked pass rates of AP tests and a majority of our students in AP and honors classes. The teachers are very helpful and often are willing to meet with students outside of class. There are many clubs for students to get involved in, ranging from Key Club to Chinese Club (which I am a member of, despite the fact that I have never taken a Chinese class). The students are generally kind and motivated, and we usually feel very safe. Students would like more school dances (we currently have 4, all formal or semi-formal) and more school spirit events (such as stomps or pep-rallies). Overall, it is a really great school!
Overall I believe it is a very successful school! It has cultivated some very successful students and is well known. However, I do think there is room to improve. Because Davis High School is home to thousands of students it is hard for the students to gain a actual relationship with any one teacher. Teachers can be great mentoring, but it can be hard with so many students. I feel like another area of improvement is in the respect of the students. You can tell by the way that the students treat the building, how their levels of respect vary. I have seen Davis trashed pretty badly and it wouldn't hurt to teach the students a little respect. Besides those points Davis is an amazing school!
This school has been an amazing experience. I have been able to get involved in so many clubs. I've also been able to become a member of the track and cross country teams, even though I'm not the best. The teachers are great and are so willing to work with students. We have great AP pass rates because of the good work of our teachers! There is a great student body full of kids to help and serve wherever they can. The students are kind and very inclusive, always ready to jump on board to make things happen. I'm proud to be a Davis Dart!