David W. Butler High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+183 Students
- A+126 Students
- A117 Students
- A-108 Students
- B+92 Students
- B+81 Students
- C+59 Students
- B+56 Students
- A-41 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
David W. Butler High School Reviews
Review David W. Butler High School
Being able to attend Butler high school was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Although, I only attended Butler for one year I met so many wonderful friends and teachers. Faculty cared a lot about the students education and is always willing to help when you need them. Butler provided the students with resources and materials that they needed in order to meet success. The school spirit is amazing! Many students have loads of school spirits and the environment is so very lively! Like any other schools there are trouble makers and nuisances that can't be tamed, but that doesn't keep Butler from being a bright and wonderful school. I love Butler and I wished I had stayed for more than a year!
Students have the option of choosing from a wide variety of AP or honors classes, participating in after school activities, and taking advantage of the assistance offered from the career center. Something I really like about Butler is that it's a very diverse school. We're right on the border between two districts, so we get kids from all over. The food is atrocious and students will have to quickly get used to seeing roaches, as most of the school is infested. The teachers are usually very good. They're knowledgeable, good at explaining material, and very willing to help students outside of class hours if they're struggling. Not every single teacher is like this, of course. Overall, Butler isn't a perfect, but I feel that it's negative qualities are vastly outweighed by its positive features.
I absolutely loved my high school and some days I wish I could go back! I played Lacrosse and ran Cross Country, each of which I held the position as Captain. I had a great group of friends who supported each other and would attend any games or events I was in and vice versa. The faculty and staff were always so helpful and very nice and I still have many relationships with past teachers and coaches. I would definitely choose Butler over again in a heart beat because I will never grow out of being a Bulldog!