David Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B308 Students
- A-232 Students
- A185 Students
- C+129 Students
- C+122 Students
- A-98 Students
- B+74 Students
- B-72 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.71 responses
Schools like David Douglas High School
- BMadison High School
- Portland Public Schools, OR
- 156 reviews
- C+Evergreen High School
- Evergreen Public Schools, WA
- 181 reviews
- BAloha High School
- Beaverton School District, OR
- 320 reviews
- B-Milwaukie High School
- North Clackamas School District, OR
- 72 reviews
David Douglas High School Reviews
Review David Douglas High School
For the three years that I have attended David Douglas High School, I've had a pretty good experience. The school is huge, so the diversity is incredible! I've done pretty well in most of my classes, thanks to my teachers. Most of them are more than willing to help you, or stay after school with you. There are a couple of teachers that I just didn't click with. At David Douglas there are so many clubs, from Black Student Union, to Young Life. There is something for everyone, and I am involved in two. The band program is amazing, it is also something I am involved with. The band has hundreds of students, and working with them feels like having a giant family. I couldn't imagine spending my high school career anywhere else.
David Douglas High School has a diverse population of students there are over 70 languages spoken throughout the hall. That being said there should be more classes that pertain to other historical studies besides just US History. Something that should be considered is starting school later inside of earlier because our teenage brains need time to get or eight hours of rest so we can remain alert during class. Another thing that can be integrated into our school is the use of something we can have installed so the students are constantly moving so our brains stay engaged to what the teacher is saying. Maybe not fidget spinners, but like tiny exercise bikes under our desks. David Douglas High School is great but it could be better.
I have been in David Douglas for 3 years now, it is such a good school with a variety of things. The thing I like about this school is the diversity with many people came from many different background. They have different culture, they speak different language which make the school really unique. Even though, everyone came from a different background but together, WE ARE DOUGLAS!