Dauphin County Technical School is a public school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 1,044 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Dauphin County Technical School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+72 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-39 Students
- B37 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-21 Students
- C+20 Students
- A19 Students
- B+15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Dauphin County Technical School
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 129 reviews
- BCentral Dauphin East Senior High School
- Central Dauphin School District, PA
- 241 reviews
- BSusquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 47 reviews
- BEast Pennsboro Area Senior High School
- East Pennsboro Area School District, PA
- 180 reviews
Dauphin County Technical School Reviews
The only thing I liked about this school, was that I met my friends. The academics were good, the classes weren't as difficult as people made them out to be. There were teachers who honestly cared and ones who could care less about the students. The administrators were frankly, prejudiced and bias towards the minority students. The school lunch was terrible; the class scheduling was haphazard, and a culture change was needed because of the grossly mishandled student discipline., and the inane educational and program requirements.
My experience with Dauphin County Technical School has been great from sophomore to my senior year. I had a chance to meet people from different cultures and diverse group. Teachers and administrations were very helpful and supportive and still are they. What I like most about Dc-Tech is that you got to make friends from different cultures and learn about them. My past 3-years at Dc-Tech has been very fun and educational . I'm very thankful towards Dc-Tech for giving me opportunity to come to their school and preparing me for career and my future plans. Overall, I would say that Dc-Tech is one of the best schools I have ever gone.
A lot of my relatives have attended Dauphin County Technical School in the past, and I followed in their footsteps to getting an education that prepares me for college as well as the work force. The school has improved a great deal since my parents graduated from there, and I continue to be impressed with the improvements that are being made even as I'm attending. There are normal issues that kids encounter at any school, such as the occasional fight or not-so-tasty lunches, but all in all DCTS is an amazing school. I truly believe it provides a better education than any other public school in the Harrisburg area because the students are trusted and treated as adults due to our focus on being career-ready.