Dauphin County Technical School is a public school located in Harrisburg, PA. It has 1,068 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Dauphin County Technical School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+86 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-52 Students
- B42 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-28 Students
- C+25 Students
- A25 Students
- B+20 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Dauphin County Technical School
- BMiddletown Area High School
- Middletown Area School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- BCentral Dauphin East Senior High School
- Central Dauphin School District, PA
- 269 reviews
- BSusquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 48 reviews
- BEast Pennsboro Area Senior High School
- East Pennsboro Area School District, PA
- 189 reviews
Dauphin County Technical School Reviews
I loved the fact that I could take my regular academics courses, and even honors and AP courses, while learning skills that can prepare me for the workforce or college. The teachers and administration are very caring and involved with the students, despite having large class sizes and students from all over the Dauphin County area. I have particular experience with the Criminal Justice and Police Science course, now Emergency and Protective Services, and have enjoyed myself very much. There are plenty of clubs and activities to do related to both academics and career and technical programs. I have enjoyed myself and I believe the challenge in the classrooms helped me improve beyond my limit. I'm very happy that I chose to attend this school.
My overall experience with Dauphin County Technical School was been nothing less than extraordinary. They have done a great at preparing me for college and the workforce. Being a technical school, I was able to pick a trade that I wanted to specialize in during my high school career. I was fortunate enough to be able to get into the Veterinary Assistant shop, this allows to me to take a certification test when I am a Senior to potentially graduate as a certified veterinary assistant with certifications from PVMA, Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association, and NAVTA, the National Association of Veterinary Technicians of America. I have also been able to participate in many clubs, such as student council, NHS, FFA, and NTHS, to help better my school. Dauphin County Technical School is a great school, and I would always tell about how great they have prepared me for life.
Dauphin county technical school is an amazing place of education that cherishes diversity of students and learning environments. This school avoids the pressure of secondary education with trades varying from cosmetology to automotive careers. At the end of your senior year, you could potentially leave with multiple certifications in your place of education that prepares you for workplace in the real world. Dauphin County Technical school has prepared me for the workforce or post secondary school tremendously.