Darien High School is a top rated, public school located in Darien, CT. It has 1,356 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Darien High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+118 Students
- A-116 Students
- A+102 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Darien High School
- ACold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 38 reviews
- ANorthport Senior High School
- Northport-East Northport Union Free School District, NY
- 189 reviews
- A+Wilton High School
- Wilton Public Schools, CT
- 207 reviews
- A+Ridgefield High School
- Ridgefield School District, CT
- 347 reviews
Darien High School Reviews
Very homogeneous but it's not impossible to be yourself. Ridiculously good at sports- there are no places for kids who just want to play a sport for fun or haven't been in the junior leagues since at least elementary school. Everyone goes to college, so you have plenty of people involved in the process and can lean on your friends. No swimming pool! (This upset the community during it's construction in 2005 and led to accusations of YMCA conspiracies.) The teachers are great but not all of them are easy to talk to after hours.
Darien offered me the best of clubs, courses, and teachers. My mathematical modeling club, my Mu Alpha Theta (math club), Physics Club (Jets), and Spanish course all earning national recognition and some placing top 10 nationwide in competitions. The school offered me a sophomore college class, Multivariable Calculus, as well as two years of AP Physics, which is uncommon in most schools. I have to say I would like to see more people able to take these top courses than the select twelve of us in both our second year AP physics class and Multivariable (due to restrictions). However, the education provided was top notch.
Darien High School has excellent academics but the administration is extremely corrupt. They do not care about the students and constantly coverup abuse in the school and then pay to have these abuse scandals removed from the internet (you can only ever find news stories on them in the physical newspaper, and not often). Take advantage of the academics but steer clear otherwise.