Darien High School is a top rated, public school located in Darien, CT. It has 1,356 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Darien High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+122 Students
- A121 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Darien High School
- ACold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 39 reviews
- ANorthport Senior High School
- Northport-East Northport Union Free School District, NY
- 191 reviews
- A+Wilton High School
- Wilton Public Schools, CT
- 210 reviews
- A+Ridgefield High School
- Ridgefield School District, CT
- 350 reviews
Darien High School Reviews
Very homogeneous but it's not impossible to be yourself. Ridiculously good at sports- there are no places for kids who just want to play a sport for fun or haven't been in the junior leagues since at least elementary school. Everyone goes to college, so you have plenty of people involved in the process and can lean on your friends. No swimming pool! (This upset the community during it's construction in 2005 and led to accusations of YMCA conspiracies.) The teachers are great but not all of them are easy to talk to after hours.
Darien offered me the best of clubs, courses, and teachers. My mathematical modeling club, my Mu Alpha Theta (math club), Physics Club (Jets), and Spanish course all earning national recognition and some placing top 10 nationwide in competitions. The school offered me a sophomore college class, Multivariable Calculus, as well as two years of AP Physics, which is uncommon in most schools. I have to say I would like to see more people able to take these top courses than the select twelve of us in both our second year AP physics class and Multivariable (due to restrictions). However, the education provided was top notch.
Darien is a great community in Connecticut, and with it comes an amazing High School. Many people may say it's terrible, but in reality it's a great place to be. It has great academics, sports, people, and facilities. People may claim that they're are racist Democrats, but in reality those people are just jealous that those Democrats are smarter and thrive better in life.