Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Daphne High School is a highly rated, public school located in Daphne, AL. It has 1,318 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Daphne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B290 Students
- A239 Students
- A231 Students
- A-186 Students
- B147 Students
- B+120 Students
- C+119 Students
- B81 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Daphne High School Reviews
My experience at Daphne High School was a wonderful one! I was the 3rd in my family to go through the school, but I never felt like I was compared to my sisters. My teachers & administrators were wonderful at growing my unique & quirky personality into one that held several leadership roles in many organizations, clubs, & student government throughout my 4 years. The teachers were also determined to make sure that all of their students succeeded in the classroom. Whenever I was struggling with a particular subject, I only had to ask the teacher for help. They were always willing to provide additional help before or after school or during their planning period. But besides the classroom, the teachers, administrators, and especially the students, would support their classmates in extra-curricular activities of the school. I played softball and knew that I would always have a large crowd of peers and staff in the stands cheering me on. I will always proudly be a Daphne Trojan!
Throughout my four years of attending Daphne High School, I have always felt apart of a community. The students are so proactive and involved. They have made the Daphne diversity club, gay-straight alliance club, and so many more clubs. We also have amazing fine arts programs from- choir to theatre to guitar- and a whole building dedicated to them. I have been involved in the Daphne choir for all four years of my high school career and I have thoroughly enjoyed it and it gives me a sense of community and belonging in my school. Daphne also has amazing academics and offers an IB track to their students. Our new principal, Mr. Comer has also done an amazing job of making students as safe as possible by adding a fence to our outside eating area. I am so proud to call myself a Daphne Trojan!
My overall experience with Daphne High School is amazing! The faculty and staff make sure Daphne High School is a fun and loving community for anyone who visits. They make sure to treat anyone newcomers like family, so you'll never feel unwanted! They are always focused on our schools safety and how well we corporate with each other. When we need a helping hand, the faculty at Daphne is not afraid to jump in. We have great activities to let everyone be involved and our school is kept very neat and clean by our helpful custodians. You would not find a better high school than Daphne.