Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Danville Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Danville, IA. It has 322 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Danville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B52 Students
- A47 Students
- A36 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-17 Students
- B15 Students
- B14 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Boy's basketball and going to State33%
- Pep rallies17%
- Spirit Week17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Danville Junior/Senior High School
- B-New London Junior/Senior High School
- New London Community School District, IA
- 7 reviews
- C+Fort Madison High School
- Fort Madison Community School District, IA
- 72 reviews
- B+West Burlington High School
- West Burlington Independent School District, IA
- 23 reviews
- C+Burlington Community High School
- Burlington Community School District, IA
- 110 reviews
Danville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
This school has nice students and staff, I will really miss this school when I graduate. I have got to know everyone quite well, and it's going to be tough saying goodbye. The teachers have got me prepared for college, and I know I can count on them for any questions I may have
Danville Junior/Senior High School is a very nice school filled with quality kids. I attended the school since I started kindergarten. I loved my experience there and have made life-long friends because of it. It is a really small school. My graduating class has only 40 people in it. The education was great and the teachers were all very nice and cared about each individual. I would definitely recommend Danville Junior/Senior High School to anyone in the nearby district or area.
The school is very small only around 300 kids in the high school. A lot of the teachers try to do their best with what they have, but a lot of the teachers could care less if the students are learning. The building is falling apart, and the faculty has tried over and over again to get funding but the state has not provided.