Danville High School is an above average, public school located in Danville, KY. It has 519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Danville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-95 Students
- B81 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+45 Students
- A-41 Students
- B+38 Students
- B31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-29 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Danville High School
- B-Mercer County Senior High School
- Mercer County Public Schools, KY
- 66 reviews
- B-Garrard County High School
- Garrard County Public Schools, KY
- 51 reviews
- ABoyle County High School
- Boyle County Public Schools, KY
- 112 reviews
- C+Lincoln County High School
- Lincoln County Public Schools, KY
- 133 reviews
Danville High School Reviews
Overall, the students taught me more than most teachers did. I was fortunate enough to have a diverse group of peers that didn't give me the stagnant, unrealistic experience other counties around me received. That being said, my teachers were either good at their jobs or fun people. I didn't actually learn much because of the school's loyalty to teachers who aren't particularly good and the school's habit of taking advantage of the teachers who are actually able to teach and communicate the necessary information to their students.
It was a very diverse and accepting community. The academics were what you made of it. They were not always the best, but the upper level classes challenged me adequately and prepared me for college tremendously. The athletics program is very good and has even become more prominent after my graduation with all teams starting to prosper and perform at higher levels. The food is questionable but just like any other school’s food is when trying to fit into all the regulations now.
At Danville High School I have been taught by some of the best and smartest people I know. There is a strong student-teacher relationship in the school that promotes invested learning. Danville does its best to prepare students for college and career and provides a wide array of award winning sports and clubs. My one complaint about Danville High School is the high turnover rate in the school's administration. Over all, Danville High School is a great school full of diversity and committed faculty.