Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Danville High School is an above average, public school located in Danville, KY. It has 542 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Danville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+117 Students
- grade B minus94 Students
- grade B minus65 Students
- grade A minus61 Students
- grade B+57 Students
- grade B+48 Students
- grade B minus45 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade B+37 Students
- grade C+37 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responses
- Sports events31%
- Art shows23%
- Senior Pranks23%
- Tailgating before a game15%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,240 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Danville High School
- grade B minusMercer County Senior High School
- Mercer County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade B minusGarrard County High School
- Garrard County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade ABoyle County High School
- Boyle County Schools, KY
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade B minusLincoln County High School
- Lincoln County Public Schools, KY
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 148 reviews
Danville High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 66 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There’s a great sense of community among the students and staff. There’s a lot of diversity throughout each of the schools in our district. The teachers and other staff are excellent at their jobs, and go above and beyond to make sure the students have a healthy learning environment. I’ve learned a lot of material that I will be able to apply in college to help further my academics, as well as apply my knowledge outside of school. I’ve been in this school system my entire academic career, and I believe each school within the district does wonderful work with the students.
Danville High School is such a diverse place. You never know what kind of people you will pass in the hallways, and I mean that in a good way. The teachers are also amazing. They will always work with you on stuff. Even the most strict teachers you have are willing to talk to you about anything. There is something for everyone, so you can definitely find something that interests you. I have always been in the Danville Independent Schools district and I can honestly say that I am so glad I was. I am incredibly proud of our little school, and I am proud to say that I will be a Danville High School graduate.
Danville is a small school in a small town. It's a place that holds a strong sense of community. It is diverse in race, ethnicity, sexuality and gender. But the one thing that makes me a proud Danville student is the teachers. The teachers that I have had in my years of going to Danville have made an impact on my life that I will never forget. From helping apply for colleges and scholarships to giving life advise, Danville has some of the most personal and helpful staff.