Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Danville High School is a public school located in Danville, IL. It has 1,424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 18% in reading.
Danville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+201 Students
- grade C157 Students
- grade B148 Students
- grade B136 Students
- grade B+96 Students
- grade A+83 Students
- grade B minus75 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade B minus65 Students
- grade C+59 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responses
- Sporting Events49%
- Musical Concerts17%
- Marching Band Competitions2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,831 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
Schools like Danville High School
- grade C+Georgetown-Ridge Farm High School
- Georgetown-Ridge Farm Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 25 reviews
- grade C+Oakwood High School
- Oakwood Community Unit School District No. 76, IL
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade B minusWestville High School
- Westville Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 32 reviews
- grade B minusCovington Community High School
- Covington Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 33 reviews
Danville High School Reviews
Rating 3.29 out of 5 218 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Danville High School has been okay. I wish my school would have more pride! I wish that our district would care about our education because they have not prepare us for the future. They just want to teach us the basics and then more on. Danville High has a ton of potential to be amazing and to offer a better future for these students! Most of the students are just going day to day to get the required credits to graduate if they even graduate. Danville High has worked on making this a safer place but it can be hard when not many people care. We have some incredible teachers who care about are well being and our lives outside but it seems like majority of them just want the paycheck and to go home! I am leaving soon and I will miss the few teachers who cared about me and the friends I made. Not many people cared enough to change this schools history to make it a better safer place where they prepare us for the future and not just for the day of graduation.
Danville High School has its highs and lows. For example, there are frequent fights, bad attitudes, and not enough school pride. There aren't as much recognition or support for the arts and music as for sports, which is something I would like to see change. However, the administration is doing its best to change the negative culture at the school into a positive one. There is also so much talent at Danville High School. In the music and art departments, in sports, in academics. Even the teachers are extremely talented at what they do. Overall, Danville is not as bad as everyone makes it seem, and I will genuinely miss it.
Danville High School is full of adversity and learning but also violence and crime. At Danville, we have a little bit of everything as far as academics go. We have many AP classes to offer from chemistry to psychology to economics. We also have a wide variety of fuel enrollment courses, honors classes and classes adapted for special needs. We also have many great teachers who are ready to teach and love to be there. They are willing to stay after school to help any student in need. I’m all of these aspects, the high school is amazing. However, you are also likely to hear about or see a fight almost every day. We have had many cases of police coming to the school in order to arrest one of our students. The school does not always feel very safe because of all this crime and chaos. All in all, DHS is a great school for learning and achieving great things but the safety factor there is lacking.