Danville Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- A+42 Students
- A31 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Danville Area Senior High School
- A-Central Columbia Senior High School
- Central Columbia School District, PA
- 112 reviews
- B+Bloomsburg Area High School
- Bloomsburg Area School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- BSelinsgrove Area High School
- Selinsgrove Area School District, PA
- 165 reviews
- BSouthern Columbia High School
- Southern Columbia Area School District, PA
- 55 reviews
Danville Area Senior High School Reviews
Review Danville Area Senior High School
Even though Danville Area Senior High School seems to me to have one of the least diverse student bodies, the academics offered at the school are great: numerous AP and honor courses guided by some teachers who truly care about your personal progress in their classes; the same idea applies to the clubs and activities at Danville Area Senior High School as well although it would great if some students did not hold multiple offices across different clubs to give other students a chance to participate in a leadership role. Another big complaint about Danville Area Senior High School is its quality of food; even though I have never bought lunch there, from what I have observed, the food isn't all that great.
I enjoyed attending high school in Danville. The guidance counselors and several teachers were extremely helpful in preparing me for college. I took several AP courses in high school which gave me a feel for college and more credits before my first year. I participated in band and track. Both activities were taken very seriously at Danville high school. The school lacked diversity. This made it difficult to transition from a small high school to a large public university with over 12,000 students. The school also lacked well-rounded teachers. Certain departments like math and english excelled in preparing kids and producing high scores on standardized testing. Other departments like the sciences seemed to fall behind. In all of my science courses over the four years I never felt prepared to discuss or explain the material. Reading textbooks seemed more helpful than the person in front of the chalkboard.
Danville is a close niche town and so is the school. Even if somebody doesn't know your name, they recognize your face. There are a ton of great teachers who are willing to help you in and out of school. Many teachers are also very involved in the school sports. The entire town is a football town and promenade is an event where the town comes out to see all the dressed up high schoolers of the town.