Dansville High School is a public school located in Dansville, NY. It has 692 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Dansville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B26 Students
- B+24 Students
- A24 Students
- A-20 Students
- B19 Students
- C+18 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Dansville High School
- BWayland-Cohocton High School
- Wayland-Cohocton Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- B-Hornell Senior High School
- Hornell City School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- B-Arkport Central School
- Arkport Central School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- B-Mount Morris Junior/Senior High School
- Mount Morris Central School District, NY
- 28 reviews
Dansville High School Reviews
Dansville has great teachers. It is a small school with lots of opportunities to learn new things. With less that 150 students in graduating class it is easy to know everyone and make great friendships that hopefully will last a lifetime. I played varsity sports; soccer, track, and swimming from 9th through 12th grade. The coaches were awesome, the teams were like family.
Dansville High School, is a great school to be in when you've grown up in town and had many generations go to the same school. The staff is friendly, the students are mostly respectful, and people care about others well beings. Nothing about this school should change.
The teachers at Dansville are incredible and very experienced. They always make time for their students and Dansville feels like home for many. Dansville is a very close knit community with interpersonal relations. All members in the community look to the future by constantly contributing to make the school a better place.