Danbury High School is an above average, public school located in Danbury, CT. It has 3,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Danbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A653 Students
- C+626 Students
- B-292 Students
- B282 Students
- B-223 Students
- A+186 Students
- B-173 Students
- C+167 Students
- A-165 Students
- B-162 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.90 responses
Schools like Danbury High School
- B+New Milford High School
- New Milford School District, CT
- 206 reviews
- A-Bethel High School
- Bethel School District, CT
- 166 reviews
- C+Henry Abbott Technical High School
- Public School
- Danbury, CT
- 71 reviews
- B+Oxford High School
- Oxford School District, CT
- 151 reviews
Danbury High School Reviews
Danbury High is a great school that offers a lot of opportunities. As a student, you have the advantage of experimenting in many fields. Whether you want to be a teacher, nurse, or accountant- Danbury High has a class for you! The surplus of classes offered is helpful for students to get an insight of the career they intend on pursing or that they are interested in. Danbury High is a diverse school with all different kinds of people. Finding your fit should be relatively simple with the overwhelming amount of students in school. Danbury High also has great art and music programs, and emphasize on performing arts. There is a club or team for everyone! Athletes can showcase their talents on Hatters teams, and be supported by Hatters Hooters during games. Students who are more musically inclined can join jazz band, the school play, and many more! Although Danbury High is not the most updated school, you can create the best memories, be the most successful and have the most fun at DHS.
Danbury High school is an amazing experience. It is ethnically and culturally diverse, with clubs and sports for everyone of every interest. I personally enjoy Danbury High school for its literary endeavors, including Wordfest, which my club hosts each year. The school also produces a yearly literature journal. We also have an abundance of sports to choose from, including even skiing! The music and theater department is wide, and not only a recommended area to take a class, but required. The large robotics club with multiple groups is extremely productive and fun-loving and go to tens of tournaments a year together, winning many. Finally, the high school has a truly wonderful and innovative art department, with many students who stick on an art track entering esteemed colleges.
Jeez, Louise, I've finally graduated from here and made a successful transfer from Danbury High School to Monroe College, an Ivy League with a school average GPA of 3.9. This school prepared me for a lot of things. I learned to talk to females. Oh boy, I used to be scared to even approach a girl but Danbury taught me how to approach, and how to maintain an interesting discussion which would eventually lead to marriage. Going to dances or even chatting with pals at lunch taught me how to make jokes and "get litty" as we cheered when meals were purchased from the well-cleaned kitchen. YIPPY! I miss the days I got stuffed in the lockers. If you're looking for a high school that's bully-free, great college prep high school, with teachers will turn your kids into beautiful scholars then Danbury is the school. I highly recommend he hopes to graduate and attend Monroe College afterward. Monroe is a well-respected college around the globe. It only requires commitment and responsibility.