Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
Damien High School is a highly rated, private, all-boys, Catholic school located in La Verne, CA. It has 923 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. Tuition is $8,100 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 75% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Damien High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+109 Students
- A+104 Students
- A94 Students
- A82 Students
- A79 Students
- A75 Students
- B+73 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-64 Students
- A50 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Damien High School Reviews
My 4 years at Damien was a learning experience. The brotherhood we all shared will last a life time. Our educators are very much involved with the students and they have been a very important part of my growth. My senior year highlight, beside class of 2020, was our Kairos retreat. I learned to know myself better and my brothers too. The school is constantly revolving; therefore, after experiencing virtual learning, I would like to see the school offer more online classes for students. Overall, an excellent school and proud to be a Spartan!
It's a private all-boys school with a strong family and community support. This school teaches the boys about brotherhood and prepares them for college. There sports program is stellar and they offer various clubs for the students to be engaged in. The campus is clean and well preserved. Many student-athletes from this school have become professional players. Safety is important. Parents are very involved with volunteering to make the school successful. The administration communicates well with the parents and his up to date with news and alerts that parents and students must know about. Teachers keep their students engages and are well respected. The transition for online learning during the pandemic was easy for the families to flow into. They have a vast selection of classes to pick from and their course catalog is very detailed. I highly recommend this school for all they have to offer in academics, clubs and activities, culture, college readiness, and safety. Let's Go Spartans!!
I like a lot about Damien High School. First of all, it has strong academics. With the wide range of classes offered, there's always a class for anyone. It also allows for students to take classes they haven't thought of before. The teachers are all really good and qualified, each interesting in their own unique way. Then, the extracurricular activities offered are also really strong. Clubs and sports are good and well known throughout the whole community. These various activities have taught the students there many things, such as leadership and service. Being a private Catholic school, the way God is present through the day is perfect with the academics and day-to-day life. Finally, the environment and the people are all really nice. Everyone feels close to each other and there is a "brotherhood" among the students that no other school has.