Dalton School is a top rated, private school located in New York, NY. It has 1,322 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $44,640 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Dalton School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Dalton School Reviews
Dalton has a pretty rigorous academic curriculum that is definitely not the right fit for everyone, but in my opinion has done a good job of preparing students for college and beyond. Many classes are discussion based so it can be difficult to fade into the background or not do your work, and the environment is generally really competitive, especially in later years when college comes into the picture. One great thing about the school is that it gives laptops to each student for the whole school year, but you're paying for that and more with the price of tuition.
I am a student at the Dalton school. Dalton is a great school to send your kid to because unlike other private nyc schools, Dalton has a happy and fun environment. For example, Trinity is a great academic school but it lacks the school spirit. Dalton's tuition is also less than a lot of other great city schools like Fieldston, Riverdale, etc. I recommend Dalton for kids that are capable of getting work done. My only critique of the school is that they lack political diversity. The school has very left wing beliefs, but students are still taught to find their own beliefs. I hope this helps anyone looking for schools.
School has lots of upper class so it’s not intended for those who can’t afford it. Just like any highly sought expensive private school, students can be bright but can be a little arrogant and high maintenance. $ and connections definitely helps. No wonder Harvard is mentioned!