Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Dalton School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+39 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Dalton School
Dalton School Reviews
The teachers are very helpful and understand for the most part. Classes engage the students, even those who would rather not be. The worst thing about the school really is the clique-iness and the exclusion. Of course there are moments where you can get along and talk to anyone in your grade, but don't expect to get invited to any parties or included in group things. I am a very social person and friends with people from every group. There is a certain group that is very diverse meaning basically all of the kids of color and a few white kids and I happen to be a part of that group. For this reason, it seems that a few people assume what type of person I am and decide that I am someone not to hang around with, even though I think that we may have things in common or become good friends. Overall, academics good, social- not so much. Food is great though.
The teachers at Dalton are amazing! Most of them have the highest degree in their field. They care so much about what they teach. It helps that the Computer Science, English, History, and Science teachers can teach their specialty in the later high school years. I know of at least two science teachers that have written their own text books for the courses they teach (one for BioTech, and one for Astrophysics).
After being at a school for thirteen years, it's hard not to only see the bad in it. There are many fantastic things that go on there, but I'm able to see the worst in it just because I want to see something new so desperately. The social diversity is hard to navigate, though, knowing the same group of 100 people for the past 13 years and seeing them in the halls can become drudging and tiring. There's also the additional part that the people tend to be uniform and there aren't as many social groups or cliques as there tend to be in other schools, making it hard for students to find a place within the school and make new friends after 13 years.