Dalton School is an elite, private school located in New York, NY. It has 1,322 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $44,640 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Dalton School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+41 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Dalton School
Dalton School Reviews
Dalton offers an incredibly challenging academic environment for it’s students. As a School with a progressive philosophy expect students to be charged with managing there studies and responsibilities on there own from a very young age. Music and arts a a focus but sports are somewhat of an afterthought. A quick poll of parents will have you believe that every child is easily getting A’s. Don’t believe it. The use of tutors is pervasive. The amount of homework is staggering. I have a student there and the teachers share test and project grade averages. Trust me when I say all kids are not getting A’s. For those kids who can cope with the homework and absorb the material Dalton will turn them into super students. Word on the street is that after Dalton, college is a breeze for these kids. Then again all those kids may have been the ones that easily got A’s :-)
The Dalton School is an amazing school with fantastic and caring teachers. Each teacher is hardworking and dedicated. We have fantastic resources and the food is the best. Great school!
The teachers are very helpful and understand for the most part. Classes engage the students, even those who would rather not be. The worst thing about the school really is the clique-iness and the exclusion. Of course there are moments where you can get along and talk to anyone in your grade, but don't expect to get invited to any parties or included in group things. I am a very social person and friends with people from every group. There is a certain group that is very diverse meaning basically all of the kids of color and a few white kids and I happen to be a part of that group. For this reason, it seems that a few people assume what type of person I am and decide that I am someone not to hang around with, even though I think that we may have things in common or become good friends. Overall, academics good, social- not so much. Food is great though.