Dalton High School is an above average, public school located in Dalton, GA. It has 1,995 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Dalton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+329 Students
- A+282 Students
- B212 Students
- B+181 Students
- B+110 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+69 Students
- B+68 Students
- A-64 Students
- B61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Dalton High School
- CMorris Innovative High School
- Dalton City Schools, GA
- 20 reviews
- C+Southeast Whitfield County High School
- Whitfield County Schools, GA
- 151 reviews
- B+Heritage High School
- Catoosa County Schools, GA
- 210 reviews
- BEast Hamilton School
- Hamilton County School District, TN
- 164 reviews
Dalton High School Reviews
I've had a great experience at Dalton High School! So much fun and so many good memories. I've been able to participate in a dual enrollment program with my local college, Dalton State, through the high school. This program has provided me with college experience and credit before even finishing high school. This way, I can graduate with a bachelor's degree in just a little over 2 years rather than 4, and I have a major advantage compared to other students that have only taken high school classes. I have also taken several AP classes at the high school, and they have definitely prepared me well for my college experiences.
Dalton high school overall was great, although it did lacked on information in clubs, types of classes offered, and other extracurricular activities. Dalton high has many friendly teachers who will help as much as they can and if their bond with you strengthens you may even call them family. As a senior of dalton high, I can assure you that dalton high can has grown over the years: such as the improvements in security, the new remodeled look of the school, the new college transition coach/councilor, and etc. The school had helped me and many others to open up and enjoy the small things in life: trying new hobbies, making new friends, and many more. Overall Dalton high was surely a experience of a life time and hopefully many can say the same.
Some teachers are really nice and understanding but when it comes to AP (advanced) and higher level classes, the teachers get mean and set very high standards for students. I suggest to not get AP or other higher level classes in 9th grade because you'll get stressed about assignments, deadlines, etc. The school is VERY big and might get bigger; there are over 1,000 students in this school but thats because there are more choices for classes like art, technology, sports, etc. Other than that, id say the school is moderate.