Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Dallastown Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Dallastown, PA. It has 1,927 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Dallastown Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+301 Students
- A197 Students
- A-186 Students
- B-176 Students
- B144 Students
- B101 Students
- A+100 Students
- A-97 Students
- B-88 Students
- B79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 83 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like Dallastown Area Senior High School
- ACentral York High School
- Central York School District, PA
- 518 reviews
- A-Susquehannock High School
- Southern York County School District, PA
- 258 reviews
- B+Spring Grove Area High School
- Spring Grove Area School District, PA
- 161 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 142 reviews
Dallastown Area Senior High School Reviews
Dallastown overall was a pretty nice school district. It is a very big school and if you come to the school late, it can be very hard to establish a friend group at first because of the size but you'll eventually find your place with patience. It's not so diverse and you'll be hard pressed to find diverse members of the staff at Dallastown. I actually brought this to my friend's attention that there were no black teachers at Dallastown High School and she didn't realize it until I brought it up. Some teachers in the school are also prejudice and they will judge you because of your skin color or reputation before you get a chance to even know them but most teachers aren't like this for the most part. My experience at this school was decent and there was a ton of opportunities to get involved and do things to boost your college application. Also, when I first walked into the school it looked like high school musical which was interesting. Also also, the food is amazing.
Dallastown is the best school in York, however they have many flaws. Racial issues are still present however, some teachers are students do try and make it a better place through clubs and etc. I understand that school food isn't gourmet, however Dallastown seems as if they put no effort into the food. There were many occasions where students were left hungry. Dallastown has also switched from semester to trimester which really put a negative effect onto some of the students. I do wish Dallastown would put money back into the school and other clubs instead of just football. Also more pep rallies or things that brings the students together.
I would rate my high school experience a four out of five. Over the four years I have attended Dallastown, I have gained many skills to put in my toolbox for college. Dallastown teaches not only how to be a good student, but an ethical person in society as well. The teachers and guidance counselors are friendly, always attending to the needs of the students. They provide career workshops, college workshops, as well as individual meetings to discuss the goals you strive to achieve. Personally, the classes offered at Dallastown challenged me, making me push my boundaries and always work hard. Although the positives strongly outweigh the negatives, there are a few points that could be changed. For example, teachers need to demand respect, and lower their tolerance to misbehaved adolescents. In conclusion, Dallastown is one of the top schools in the district, and that is a reflection on administration and teachers.