Dale County High School is a public school located in Midland City, AL. It has 481 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Dale County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B100 Students
- B61 Students
- A56 Students
- B48 Students
- A46 Students
- A-37 Students
- B-32 Students
- C-21 Students
- B-21 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Dale County High School Reviews
While my time at this school has been good for a good part of my high school career, the school does have a bullying problem that I have personally been affected by. I have not seen many teachers stop other students being bullied. The school also needs to use more of its funds for the classroom technology and books instead of spending it on the sports teams. In the food at school I have found hair and when the cafetiere runs out the lunch room ladies are very resistance when it comes to making more for the students who have not ate. The milk has been expired on multiple occasions ans has made my friends and I sick. I would attend Dale county again if these problems were fixed.
I had a great time here. I genuinely loved it and I will miss it. The staff is great, I consider some of the teachers mentors, and great role models. There's a great spirit in this school.
It's a very great school! I love the band mostly!! I would love for the time for lunch to extend, the students would like to socialize with their friends after they eat a little bit longer, and I don't see a problem with that.