Westwood Public Schools Reviews

Is going to school really that bad? I don’t think so.

In Westwood, I am always free to make my own choice. I always get to choose what subject I want to study including other things like music, art, or PE, join clubs and make friends with people who have the same hobbies as me.

I still remember having fun, singing, talking and playing games during breaks. Wetwood is full of joy and laughter – something that cannot be found so easily later in life.

I can’t imagine what my life will be like after I leave Westwood. Will my colleagues at work be as caring as my classmates? Will my boss forgive my mistakes like my teachers do? Will I lose my passion for life when I have to go out into the real world?

Westwood provided me a with a good environment in which to grew up, which will make me miss westwood even more after I graduate.
What I like most about Westwood public schools are the college readiness programs and the school staff. Everyone working in the high school encourages the pursuit of a higher education and will stop at nothing to help any student achieve their academic goals.
I have learned so much from my time at Westwood. I feel I have been well prepared for my future, and have learned skills that will be valuable across a variety of careers.
Start Your Review of Westwood Public Schools
Westwood is a very small town, so the community is very tight-knit. This is reflected in the schools; everyone knows each other, allowing for strong connections. The teachers in Westwood Public Schools are top-notch, and they always provide enough resources for the students to succeed. This helps the students prepare for college. There is a great range of clubs and activities at the high school that anyone can join so students will always find at least a few clubs they are interested in. While there are many sports teams, some are not very good. On the other hand, most sports make it to the TVL's. It is very easy for parents to be involved, for the school constantly sends emails, updating them about what's going on. It is a mostly white school. It is a very safe environment. There is a no-tolerance bullying policy. There are many different foods available so everyone's diet can be accounted for.
My experience with Westwood Public Schools has been phenomenal. I have always felt like my teachers cared, and that their goal was to make us better learners. Westwood Schools tries to include everybody and make sure no one feels left out. The teachers and students that I have met since elementary school have all been extremely kind and helpful.
The westwood school system has been fantastic. Quickly recognizing my sons learning disability and getting him the help needed in the early stages during elementary school and continuing throughout his entire schooling career.
The teachers are super nice and they try to aid students in their courses. However, the classes themselves seem limited and our interests are limited. It is a very athletic school, while a lot of the students try to be involved in performing arts programs. The school definitely needs more funding for its performing arts department due to the massive number of students involved in concerts and musicals.
I loved Westwood high school. I was a student in Westwood since the 4th grade and I will defiantly send my future kids here. Everyone is friendly and down to earth.
Westwood High School was a highly competitive and informative school where I feel more than prepared for college.
Westwood schools are consistently rated in the top 20 in Massachusetts for a reason. Very strong academics and lots of AP courses to choose from. Diversity is fairly weak resulting in a monochromatic student body.
Great place to learn and very devoted teachers. Never felt behind in school and if I needed help I could reach out to a number of different teachers who would be more than happy to help. This school had a great community and is very dedicated to its students.
Pretty decent school system and a small town, but little diversity. Wish there were more flexible schedules and more academic opportunities.
I am a high school senior at westwood high! I completely love it. It is very welcoming to new students and the academics are fantastic. The teachers push you to do your best and be the best that you can be.
Westwood High School has supported me and prompted me since freshman year in order to ensure my readiness for college. I feel as though Westwood has provided me with a safe learning community that has offered me many different opportunities to help me succeed in clubs, sports, and academics. Overall, I am pleased with my high school experience.
The curriculum and course selections are excellent and allow me to pursue subjects that I am passionate about. The teachers are very caring and willing to work with you to make sure that you are doing well
My overall experience was good, the academics are pretty good in Westwood. There's little to no diversity and the clubs don't often host many events but otherwise a nice school that prepares you for college.
I had an amazing experience within the Westwood Public Schools system. From kindergarten up until the twelfth grade, I was surrounded by supportive teachers and always in a positive learning environment.
Start Your Review of Westwood Public Schools
I loved attending Westwood Public Schools, and think it was an amazing experience for myself and my family to be a part of this school environment.
The academics and athletics are both incredible; however, diversity in the student body is lacking. School spirit has been low in the past but appears to be in an upward trend. There are many resources available, but it is up to the students to reach for them. Overall, my experience has been good.
My parents moved to Westwood solely based on the school system. Usually the classes are under 20 students. Every teacher I had was very invested in the success of each student. Most of the high school teachers have two masters degrees. In my senior year, I was a member of the Yearbook Club. I also played all four years on the Girls Varsity Hockey Team, and in 2014 we won the State Championship in Division II. It was very exciting to play at TD Garden. I also played for four years on the Girls Varsity Softball Team. I have always felt safe here. One downside is the lack of sidewalks. Our parents are driving us to various activities or friends homes until we are old enough to get our driver's licenses.