Washington Unified School District Reviews

Nice informative school district. This school district also tries to keep problems to a minimum and does a great job of solving conflicts. The diversity ranges at each school and everyone's opinions are accounted for.
The staff at my high school, needs to configure ways to stop violence on campus and restrain drugs from being brought onto our campus. As well as not target minorities on campus. They ban durags to be worn on campus, saying they are gang affiliated, and teachers have told Hispanic students to speak in English with others so they understand you aren't speaking inappropriately. I am a journalist on campus, and through multiple takes on research, our school is not the safest environment for students to feel welcome.
The three schools that I have attended in the Washington Unified School District have all been schools with great teachers, great courses and great classmates. I currently attend River City High School, and it’s diverse campus , coupled with great teachers, make the experience fantastic.
Start Your Review of Washington Unified School District
I think the Washington Unified School District, located in Northern California, is very diverse and a good place for students to get their education.
MY HIGH SCHOOL IS ON THE BLOCK SCHEDULE. WE DO 4 COURSES A TERM. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, BUT CRAMMING YEAR LONG COURSES LIKE MATH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGE INTO ONE TERM MEANS TEACHERS HAVE TO CUT A LOT OF MATERIAL OUT AND I FEEL I DID NOT RETAIN AS MUCH MATERIAL AS I COULD HAVE IN A YEAR LONG COURSE. I COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER ON AP EXAMS AND OTHER TESTS.
The district seems to meet the minimum required standard of performance, and has passionless teachers who subtly teach their students their unnecessary and uncalled for biased opinions.
Good school. Although it is a hit or miss on the teachers you get. Good sports and clubs very welcoming. Bad cafeteria food and expensive. Although staff is kind and friendly
I really enjoyed that they offer the Avid program, which I followed for 7 years. I also enjoyed the diversity the district had throughout.
Maybe put more attention in the students and less about what students wear. Focus more on the kids who are trying but still failing rather than disciplining the ones who are failing
This school district was okay, but there are some problems they need to fix right away. Some of the teachers were extremely rude at one of their high schools named River City. Most of the teachers didn't even really teach they just gave us packets and packets of schoolwork.
This school district is decent. It provides students with what they need to be successful. It does not favor the teachers, however, and has been in a union dispute with them for quite some time.
Washington unified school district is a pretty nice district, but there are some bad schools. That's not rare though. overall the schools that are good have great teachers, and are amazing at teaching.
During my 4 years in this school was prettu amazing. Had great teachers teach how to go through hard life lesson. Getting lots of support from my school counselors about choosing the right path to getting applied in college.
Very community involved. Also very accepting. Students are on top of their grades. The diversity is very welcoming
This school district, specifically the school board, is too wrapped up in the idea of money to thoroughly provide for their students. The past years, the school district has refused to pay our teachers, the individuals who make learning enjoyable and interesting, the money they deserve- despite having a surplus of money. Our school board makes our schools school. It is not a place where students are able to go on field trips, it's not a place where we have all of our needed supplies readily available. Despite this, there is no doubt in my mind that we have the best teachers in the nation. These teachers spend hours of unpaid time to provide support for kids struggling. They devote hours to clubs and sports. They urge any child who is struggling, both academically and socially, to talk to them during lunch or after school. These teachers are motivators, and through my teachers, I have been able to become the best student I can be.