Tyler Independent School District Reviews

Tyler TX, is a small town with a population of 104,991 as of 2018 with plenty of open space. Not to mention it is known as the rose capital of the United States and is an amazing place to potentially to separate oneself from a busy city life. One of the cons of living in such a place leads to a lack of entertainment such as those that large cities offer.
There are students in Tyler independence school district, who personally want to speak up about a problem in their school, and TISD was always open to hear it, which made students feel more confident in their freedom of speech. However, I wish they would treat all sports, schools, and educational opportunities equally.
Tyler Independent School District is a great school district because it offers many different schools for curriculum.
Start Your Review of Tyler Independent School District
Tylerisd has great oppertunities for every age group. During all my education years I have been a student at a Tylerisd school and I have enjoyed every single year!
Great school district. Good opportunity for advanced classes starting in elementary school. Great selection of dual credit classes in High School.
As a current senior at Robert E. Lee High School in TISD, I had a great time all four years. Its extremely difficult to walk through the halls and know that in just a year or so, there will be so may memories gone... In hind sight the new school being built is going to be gorgeous. Id have to say that the worst part of my experiences at Lee would be the undeniable bias that the teachers seem to have towards the athletes in more popular sports. I found that if a student in a less popular sport such as, Softball or Tennis were to ask a teacher for help on papers or advice on anything that student could do to bring their grade up, the teacher would simply say; "Study more." Whereas, if a student who was in say Football or Soccer, then that student, if failing or close to it, would be offered extra credit assignments. No matter the academic standing of any student, this is so incredibly wrong.
I liked the way teachers use to teach and how they would do anything to help the student succeed but its not like that anymore. I would like to see them change their tutorials policy. Some schools only offer help to the students that already know the material but not to the students who need help. When you ask them about it they blame the school system but I know that's a lie because when i was younger my teachers helped all the students but especially the students who were behind the others. i feel like they should help those who need it instead of the students who already know the material.
Tylerisd is a great school district that truelly cares seeing each individual student succeed. They don’t have the best facilities or safety but the core which is the students and teacher is amazing.
It’s very based on attendance, i guess it was okay. i had an alright education throughout elementary, middle school, and high school. but when they were renovating, they should’ve started with the high school rather than the elementary schools because those younger kids are just excited to go to school, high schoolers complain about EVERYTHING.
Tyler's independent school district is an average one. In the recent years the facilities have been upgraded, but the district fails to provide above advanced learning criteria for its pupils. I am a former student as well as a parent that has children attending the schools. This district fails to provide more resources that stimulate the students' growth to become critical thinkers in the post grade school career paths. If this district had the funds to introduce a broader source of learning criteria would be beneficial to the students, community, and the local economy. The majority of high school graduate often elect to pursue a career as a registered nurse (females), CDL licensed truck driver, or a factory worker at Trane; because these jobs a considered the best jobs. Sometimes the district fails to educate that there are more career paths to pursue. Tyler ISD is an mediocre but fails to measure up to other school district to its counterparts in neighboring cities.
I grew up going to school through Tyler Independent School District. I think we are one of the best. All of the teachers I encountered made sure that I knew what I was doing and I truly appreciate that now. The only thing I wish I could change was how many students were in one class.
I like it is a very good school district. They have made a lot of progress in being more involed with the students and hearing us out on what fits us the best. Half of the teachers are very good teachers that help the students n care about the students. Thats something Tyler ISD can improve on more get teachers that care about the kids future and not there just to make money it will help a lot and will see a lot of improvement from the students.
As a previous student of the following schools: Owens, Jack, Moore, and Robert E. Lee, I would say my academic experience was good/average. For students who wanted to excel beyond their classmates, if you will, there were options, but there wasn't much incentive and reward for doing so. By word of mouth, I have heard that our school system doesn't rank well academically. It's community nonetheless, and I received a proper education that has not held me back in any way.
There is always something new with Tyler Independent School District. They never fail to surprise you with great activities that students can gain knowledge from. If the district feels like something isn't working nor getting a students attention, they will learn from it by coming up with ideas that will help them out.
The Tyler independent School disctrict has been really great to me. This district is where I grew up and what I consider home. It's home to many great elementary schools, six fabulous middle schools, and two very fascinating high schools, whose rivalry is out of this world.
TISD DOES A GOOD OB AT PREPARING KIDS FOR THE FUTURE AND ALOOW THEM TO BE THE BEST THEY CHOOSE TO BE.
Some districts allow students to transfer to schools either in or outside their district. Children can also attend charter schools. Low-income students are eligible for scholarship funding to attend private schools. Under the federal No Child Left Behind law, students attending a Title I school designated as "in need of improvement" have the right to attend a higher performing school in the district.
Start Your Review of Tyler Independent School District
Very good district, many things need a little improvement such as organization and security at schools .
I currently go to Tyler junior college and as I been here. This district has great programs and great professors. It's one of the top districts that I would recommend others to go to. i really don't have anything for the district to change at this moment.
The visit to Tyler was awesome... Me and a few friends went to visit. The campus was nice. The people was inviting. I enjoyed my visit.