Tyler Independent School District Reviews

Some districts allow students to transfer to schools either in or outside their district. Children can also attend charter schools. Low-income students are eligible for scholarship funding to attend private schools. Under the federal No Child Left Behind law, students attending a Title I school designated as "in need of improvement" have the right to attend a higher performing school in the district.
Very good district, many things need a little improvement such as organization and security at schools .
I currently go to Tyler junior college and as I been here. This district has great programs and great professors. It's one of the top districts that I would recommend others to go to. i really don't have anything for the district to change at this moment.
Review Tyler Independent School District
The visit to Tyler was awesome... Me and a few friends went to visit. The campus was nice. The people was inviting. I enjoyed my visit.
My 13 year experience with TylerISD has been amazing. The district leaders support each and every child through their k-12 grades and you're guaranteed success. They hire the best teachers around, I now because they've made me the person I am today. The connections my teachers have made with is astonishing. They're there to teach you things but to also have your back when you need something. TylerISD is so great, they've made a new career center for students to get an early start in their career pathway. Theyre also have 2 classes at the CTC that I know of that you can actually get your license in for cosmetology and Pharmtech.
I like that you can check your grades at any point in time, but I hate that some teachers wait until last minute to put in grades.
A lot of opportunity is given to the students, and for the most part, the teachers care about the students. The current principal of REL is very involved and interested in making the high school a better place. Some more emphasis should be placed on STEM disciplines, as the high school has fallen short on support for that. For example, REL didn't have an AP Computer Science class.
I enjoyed the atmosphere in that if a student wants to learn and take advantage of their opportunities they are encouraged by adults and given all the tools necessary. I wish the administration would get out of the way and just let the teachers teach.
I enjoyed being in TISD. It definitely was rigorous and in high school we had a wide variety of advanced courses available to us. I felt safe attending school. There were plenty of extracurricular activities available to the students. I wish that we were focused on having a study hall period. I get distracted very easily and procrastinate a lot. But a period of an hour or so where every teacher takes our phones away and we pull out our homework would've been great. It would've been great to have the support of other students and we could rely on each other with our homework if we didn't understand something. Also I wish there would be more equality within extracurricular activities offered on campuses. Everyone knows about the next football or basketball game that they can't miss but there are extracurricular activities such as golf, tennis, and even robotics club that are forgotten.
Tyler ISD was a good school district. Although they do not handle situations very well. And parents and students are not very happy with the way that things are run..
I really want to experience for in life like having a great collage to go to and also getting a futher education
My experience with TISD have been a positive one overall. The employees are caring and seem to truly enjoy what they do. TISD has given me many opportunities to receive my elementary through high school education and has successfully enabled and prepared me to attend college after my graduation and motivated me to continue my education. I have enjoyed my time with the Tyler Independent School District.
I moved from a different state and they made me feel right at home. Everyone involved in my transfer was very helpful and I am very grateful
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Robert E. Lee and truly feel both academically and socially ready for college. I love the schools traditions and all around atmosphere. The opportunities for successe are plentiful and easy to come by. It is an all around great school.
Tyler ISD isn't well connected with what actually goes on in the classroom. The teachers often don't feel listened to and they often feel restricted by the rules. At the same time TISD does try to do their best and the teachers and the AP program is amazing, but TISD needs to learn to become more engaged with the classroom environment.
I've made quite a few friends throughout my school years in Tyler Independent School District. If I could change anything, it would definitely would be the teachers because half of the teachers aren't able to control their classes properly or it's hard to understand the way that they talk due to their strong accent. Also, the facility and food could definitely need some improvement done. When you have hair appearing in the food and insects crawling around in the classrooms or bathroom, that's a hazard to us students, event the adults, because we could all catch something.
Tyler Junior College had a lot of good things about it the classes are very small and more intimate. Everything in has a very short commute. The teachers at the school are very positive and caring.
Review Tyler Independent School District
Great teachers and student very big on education and has many programs to help students succeed in there future choices