St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303 Reviews

A community full of very talented and bright people who look out for one another, and pursue excellence!
The D303 School District is overall a good district, and the quality increases the farther you get in your schooling. For example, I personally didn't receive the help I needed in elementary school because of the less-than-great principal and staff. This caused me to look back at elementary school all these years later with scorn of the teachers that were rude, unhelpful, and unprofessional. The middle schools are good, with the staff being much better in all ways and a variety of classes to take. The high school, specifically St.Charles North, is a truly great school. The teachers (for the most part) all have a passion to teach and help their students. The extracurricular options are widespread and new clubs are formed every year. If I were rating the high school alone, it would be a 5 star rating, but this is including the elementary school, which is a 3 at best, leading to a 4 star rating.
Overall, there is a great environment, with tons of school pride throughout the year. My high school experience at East High School has been great, along with my middle school and elementary school experiences too. However, I did not rate the district at a full 5 stars due to the fact of the Davis-Richmond combination. Davis was an excelling school, while Richmond was the opposite, so they combined the two, so Richmond didn't get taken by the state. This has been a negative experience for many kids attending these elementary schools.
Start Your Review of St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303
I transferred to St. Charles North after my freshmen year at J. Sterling Morton West High School. It was a huge change in academics, school spirit, norms and definitely in diversity. This school always made me feel like I didn't belong. Being of Hispanic descent, my school counselor asked me if I was "a legal resident of this country". Hopefully, this helps to paint a picture of the lack of diversity in this school. I know he might have meant it innocently but it made me feel like even the staff members who I was supposed to trust judged me for who I am and where I come from. On the other hand, the academic aspect of the school was amazing. The teachers were all very focused on making sure all of their students succeeded. After two years since graduation, I still speak to a few of my high school teachers. This school focuses a lot on preparing you for college or the military. I wish they focused on other "untraditional" steps after high school.
What I like about D303 is that there is always someone there to help you. Regardless if it's a teacher, counselor, administration, a coach or anyone in between, they will help students with problems in or out of the classroom. Some things I would change is a bit about the curriculum as it is set up in a way that makes the material learned easily forgettable after a certain amount of time and there should be more ways to work in past knowledge to help keep it fresh in student's minds.
I very much like the atmosphere of this school district; it is filled with learning opportunities, helpful teachers, and respectful peers.
I feel very good about this District. There are some improvements that can be made on course selections and test scores can be improved if more time was taken on certain subjects.
I think the teachers here are very informative and provide a great education to students. However, I wish they would help us more with getting ready for college.
District 303 was a great school district to grow up in. The high school, while suffering from lack of diversity, was great at preparing me for my college experience. The teachers here were average, with a quite a few stand out teachers who went above and beyond.
I was able to learn in a clean and safe environment. I enjoyed being able to go to school and have my teachers actually interested and excited to teach.
This is a great school district. There are many teachers who are all dedicated to creating a fun learning environment for their students. They truly care about the knowledge their students will gain from their class.
St. Charles Community Unit School district is a place that fosters growth and a love for education for students at all levels of learning regardless of background.
I have had a great experience attending schools in district D303. The town is safe and a great spot for families and I felt like the teachers were a reflection of that as well. They really care about their students and want them to succeed. The district as a whole feels like a close community; it supports their students and families and encourages higher learning.
Honors and AP classes are challenging and have prepared me the most for future success in college. The school culture is very much alive. We are all very supportive of school functions, sporting events and community happenings. There are many resources within the district, including mental health facilities, diversity in sports and clubs, having the latest technology and diversity in courses to take; I have never gone without when I was in need of something.
I had a great experience at Saint Charles North. I felt that when I was at school, I mattered. I feel blessed that I was able to go to such a thriving school and to one where teachers really care about their success of their students. If I could change one thing, I would have changed how often technology was used in the classroom. Growing up K-12 in D303, I noticed that unless you made an effort to reach out to teachers, you didn't always get the chance to build a strong relationship. It wasn't always this way. It started to get this way when chromebooks were introduced to the classroom.
Overall, District 303 is a great district to be enrolled in, especially as a high school student. The music program is phenomenal, and I'm proud to say I played an instrument in the orchestra for nine years thanks to the school district. If I were to change one thing however, it would be the elementary schools. I remember a number of issues when I was younger, including a teacher who failed me on every assignment I missed while traveling to my grandmother's funeral, and how everyone avoided the cheesy pizza because of the one time everyone who ate it threw up due to food poisoning. The middle and high schools in this district are great, but the elementary schools could use some cleaning up.
St. Charles d303 is great! It has many opportunities to get involved with both the school and community. There are opportunities such as playing sports, community service, joining clubs, and if they don't have a club, you can create one. It is a safe environment for learning, with great teachers who are willing to help students towards their goals. St Charles encourages caring, life long learners.
Start Your Review of St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303
D303 provides a great education. Teachers are dedicated and usually eager to help students. There are a variety of clubs to choose from at all levels. Students are expected to attend college so there is a high emphasis on college and career readiness.
My favorite thing about the district is the teachers. I have had many wonderful teachers who really care about my learning throughout my high school career.
St. Charles North High School is my personal experience with this school district. However, I was able to visits schools of all grades levels as well as the other high school. While this district like to promote academics and how important they are, they also do a good job at making sure the students are aware of this. But, the amount of stress the district puts on the students can be extremely overwhelming and has led to many students being mentally exhausted & experience feelings like depression & suicide. The diversity is very low in certain parts of this district causing minorities to not feel comfortable or underappreciated while racism is still present. Therefore, the district has done well in providing the right faculty to keep things running well but there are some overall issues that they need to pay more attention to when it comes to the students.