Sharon Springs Central School District Reviews

For such a small district, the education that is provided for Sharon Springs students is outstanding. Also, knowing that my child is in such a safe and caring environment puts my mind at ease. It is a close-knit community where everyone looks out for one another and teamwork is very apparent. The recent rejuvenation of the PTO is already proving to be valuable and is a true sign of how well the parents and teachers work together to provide the best for the students at S. S. C. S. The youth sports programs (AYSO, Little League, Biddy Basketball, etc) are also a strong indication of how committed to the children this district is, and this is again apparent through the involvement of both parents and teachers alike. Two thumbs up for Sharon Springs Central School District from this happy parent!
Sharon Springs is a very small school, and I’ve come to really appreciate this about it. I love the small community, and how everyone knows everyone. Not only is this comforting, but Sharon Springs, offers a lot of opportunities to its students. Even though we are small, we offer a variety of clubs, extra curricular activities, and three different sports. I am a member of the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), senior band, senior chorus, select choir, varsity club, a yearbook member, along with a few others offered by the county. I am involved in multiple of these activities, including all three sports (Soccer, Basketball, and Softball). I am not just involved, I also take many leadership roles in these activities, such as captain for both soccer and basketball, as well as an officer of FBLA. I believe that having these opportunities has shaped me into the person I am today and has taught me to get involved, and make a difference.
Sharon Springs is a welcoming community. This school has also integrated iPads into its core curriculum to help students learn to the best of their own abilities. Also, the school size is very small with about 400 kids K-12, so I knew all the teachers and most of the students! Overall, I had great opportunities at this school that I would not have had if I went to a bigger school. I am grateful that I attended this school.
Start Your Review of Sharon Springs Central School District
Has a very small class size on average, but Sharon doesn't have many resources to help kids with disabilities as well. If you are looking for a small class size, a guarantee to play sports, and some opportunities with clubs this is the school.
I like the small class size and teacher involvement. The location within the small town is also good for teens since there is less trouble to get into and we can focus more on school.
Sharon is a very close-knit community, where everyone knows everyone. This is a great place to grow up and make life-long friends and get a one-on-one education experience that is impossible in larger schools. However, there are no AP class opportunities, and I feel like having a larger school community would enable me to broaden my cultural knowledge and expand my love for community service.