Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District Reviews

The teachers really care! My education has been great and I know I will be prepared for college. The campuses are really nice too.
The schools are very calm in this area, not many trouble maker kids. There's a constant improvement (renovation) of the schools and I really appreciate that.
As a previous student of the SCUCISD, I have found that the district has provided the students with a variety of options to help them find a purpose and plan for their years after high school. For example, besides helping students look into four year colleges or community colleges, they also provide a plan for those who wish to enlist in the military. Alongside this, the high schools of SCUCISD also provide a place for students to take tests required by secondary schools, such as the SAT, ACT, and ASVAB. Furthermore, SCUCISD provides the opportunity for every student to find an extracurricular that suits them whether it be clubs, activitis, or sports.
Start Your Review of Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District
It's a very well organized and fairly diverse community. But it i also very behind when it comes to technology.
The experience in a normal experience overall .The school district varies in different extra-curricular activities .
Overall I liked how much they care about their sports, academics, and the students. Also the faculty does a lot for the kids.
Very friendly faculty and staff, although, I would like to see more female empowerment. The boys rule the classrooms and the girls are expected to be soft spoken.
Honestly it was pretty good. Most teachers help you in your studies and the sports we have at our school are pretty good. It's a pretty good atmosphere overall
Around my community it’s actually a very diverse economy especially within my high school. Within this community we have good education systems that help us whenever we need it the most. Throughout all my time in high school I’ve noticed that the faculty and staff will do whatever it takes to help you at all costs. Whether you need help getting transitioned into college or help simply with just your schedule the counselors at all schools are willing to help you.
My school is incredibly unique and diverse, there are so many different kinds of people, and my district embraces diversity. I feel like they will do anything to help students succeed. I can always go to my teachers or administration for anything. I like knowing that I have someone looking out for me. There are so many things that my district offers for students only to helo them succeed.
I started attending this school district in the 2nd grade when I moved from California. It was a lot better than the school I was going. I had a good overall experience in attending this school district. Teachers and students were kind and friendly. Had good high school years.
District used to be nice, staff and admin care more about themselves and football and appearance than safety of kids. The teaching is slacking leaving kids not prepared. Bullying, assaults, the drinking and drugs are thru the roof in both high schools but this is an issue swept under the rug. It’s no longer safe to take your kids to school because you can’t expect the staff to care for them
Sometimes the admin seem like they have no clue whats going on. The school environment is pretty laid back. Bullying and fights honestly aren't seen too often at all.
I moved to Steele High School from Florida in the middle of my sophomore year. Now as a senior, I can say that it turned out to be one of the best things to happen to me. Steele has a supportive network unlike any other I have experienced, everyone from the dean and teachers to the counselors and librarian are on the students side and want to see them succeed. The staff puts a lot of emphasis on giving the students what they need to succeed AFTER high school. There is a whole space in the school dedicated to college and career information, and a JROTC program where students are encouraged to learn about military careers. I could always find help when I needed it and Steele helped me realize what I wanted to do with my future. The classes are diverse and interesting as well as challenging if that’s what you want. There is always something for everyone whether that be clubs, athletics, or fine arts.
The staff is caring and loving, all facilities are warm, welcoming, and provide a safe feeling, education is very good and teachers really care if their students understand material.
I've always loved how the school treats its students, and always puts education before anything and everything else. The staff are almost always understanding and even my parents love the school district.
SCUC ISD offers a diverse course selection which allows them to cater to each student's needs and interests. The teachers and staff are friendly which encourages interaction and leads to increased learning. There is a good student community evident by the various clubs and events that ensure every student has a place.
Start Your Review of Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District
This is an excellent school district. Very diverse district that has something to offer everyone. A bit overcrowded in the two high schools due to population growth. But overall the teachers and principal are great and within the district most of the schools are in walking distance for kids. Our communities work hard in supporting our school district, which is plus in my book.
I used to feel that this district was an excellent district. Now, recent decisions have made me question their commitment to students. Elementary education is basic. They have recently ended their dual language program which was a draw to the district. The gifted and talented program used to provide services, but now is virtually non-existent. I question their decisions regarding budgetary issues, and have realized that they do not have great transparency, which is one of their goals. I moved to this area because of the district, but now I am researching other areas to live.
This district has been so good to me for the past 13 years. They have the best teachers and staff and they have taught me so well. I wouldn't change a thing about how their system is run. Everyone is so great and kind, and I'm so grateful to have been a student there. Everyone is caring and understanding about all situations and it is beyond amazing. The district is growing so fast, but it is growing with amazing staff that care about their students well being.