Sarasota County Schools Reviews

My experience is almost over but I hope that in the years to come that my current principle stays and keeps working hard. He cares for all the students and knows most of us by name.
Kindergarten Prep now has gone beyond VPK and has added an excellent STEM program for their Kindergarten and First Graders. Their teachers go above and beyond by helping every child succeed and challenges them to further their knowledge by using hands-on science, technology, engineering and math programs. Their Kindergarten and 1st Grade, "Knowledge Is Power" gifted classes provides a great foundation for children that need a more stimulating atmosphere. I feel my child is graduating with great confidence in every aspect of her education.
advanced programs available but teachers vary in quality some are good while others are not good at all
Start Your Review of Sarasota County Schools
I think Sarasota County schools is one that is adamant on their students success in college. Their teachers are trained well and their administrators are focused. I wish that the county as a whole focused more on the individual students and their mental well being, as i believe they lack the emotional support.
My name is Jayla King. I went to Booker High all four of my high school years and I've had quite a journey. I am now a senior graduating in 2019. Booker High School offers; VPA, many clubs, and a successful life. The teachers are outstanding and go out of their way to make sure the students are college and career ready. Booker High School also has high security which makes students feel safe. Sarasota County Schools are great!
I feel like certain schools are only focused on either academics or sports it is never a good even mix.
I like the diversity at my school ; Booker High School. Many kids feel out of place in some schools but I don’t feel that atmosphere at all at my school. Everybody is accepting of others ethinicities and religions! It is great to have such a welcoming atomosphere full of such complete diversity.
Grades are usually inflated. Little to no guidance from counselors or administration for college readiness. Majority of funds are put towards sports instead of teacher salaries, better facilities, or healthier lunches.
As a student who has been involved with Sarasota County Schools since grade 1, I can say it has been excellent for me. I attended Tuttle Elementary, SSA+S, and Booker High School. They’ve all prepared me and guided with me success as I continue my education. The staff are always wonderful and caring, and the food isn’t too bad although, it could be a better with a variety of different options.
The schools in Sarasota County have taught many aspiring young adults not only simple education but how to be a person. At school, teachers give lessons that need to be learned to be able to succeed in life and valuable information that will be used later on. From my own experience, the school system has brought me to where I am today and I am very proud of who I have become, but I couldn’t have done it alone without the amazing staff and teachers that have brought me up. However, my one complaint is the food. I pack my own lunch but those who are forced to eat school lunches eat, in my opinion, poor food. I believe this could be improved if more funding went into school lunches in Sarasota county so children can be fed healthier lunches.
I’d say our county is pretty good with schools other than dress code is just to over protective. Although they never cancel school on emergency’s (other than last min) they have hired amazing teachers and staff that bring all of sarasota schools to be great in school.
Sarasota County Schools offers many opportunities to the students who attend school in their district. In my three years so far attending North Port High School, I have gotten to take a wide range of diverse classes, including those online and in a classroom. I have gotten to know many friendly and knowledgeable teachers as well as meeting well disciplined students who I've become friends with. I have had the pleasure of joining different clubs and organizations that have made my learning experience enjoyable and interesting, and I'm glad to be attending school in this district.
The teachers are involved with the students. Although the classes are sometimes big, the school board tries it's best to make sure each student gets what they need.
I spent 13 years in this school system and i saw many sides. I turned out well and feel as though I am ready to take on the world however I know many of my fellow classmates who struggled and asked for help but never received the help needed. I feel that the system was very bias and assumed that everyone was able to teach themselves, and rather than creating a solution for the students that couldn’t, they just ignored them and moved forward with other students.
Sarasota County in general is a good school district that offers a lot of options to it's students. They provide many opportunities and try their hardest to give the most that they can to each student. They do, however, not give their teachers as many opportunities to further their students learning in the classroom.
I personally went to imagine school at north port and it was a small school had terrible organization but it was because the students were able to be involved in almost everything we. it's very hands-on in that sense so long as you were committed to it.
Sarasota high school was a great experience for me i think my fav year was my freshman year where everything was so simple.
Start Your Review of Sarasota County Schools
I really like Sarasota County Schools, but they can step up in some places to make the high school experience better. The arts definitely don't get as much support as sports, vocally, not financially, and the entire district is pretty racist. Other than that, there is a lot of school pride, a very safe atmosphere, and amazing dedication from the staff.
I have been living and going to schools within Sarasota County my whole life. Whether it be elementary, middle, or high school, I have always had a good experience in Sarasota County, Florida!
I think Sarasota County Schools is the best district in Florida. We have so many wonderful teachers, who are dedicated and have a great passion to teach. The teachers make me feel welcome at school and always strive to make sure I do my best and provide help when I need it. The schools are very pretty and are well taken care of. The staff at the schools are very kind and caring for everyone. I feel very welcome when I walk into school everyday.