Ridgewood Public School District Reviews

The teachers care so much about the students. They take time to make sure they are always available period nine. If someone is struggling they will make them a priority.
Education is very high for a public school. Teachers treat the students like family and the students actually enjoy and look forward to going to school in the morning.
Ridgewood Public Schools are great. At Ridgewood High School, all student are offered a surplus of opportunities and are given all the resources needed to achieve success in the future. There is an encouraging and motivating environment for learning.
Start Your Review of Ridgewood Public School District
During my experience at Ridgewood High School, I was heavily involved in the school's music and arts program, specifically concert band and marching band. I also participated in dance organizations associated with the music program. Ridgewood is well-known for its excellent academics and music programs, and I am very lucky to have been a part of both academic and extracurricular programs under the instruction of superior teachers.
I have had over 20 years of being a Ridgewood public school parent and I am still recommending friends to move here to take advantage of the love of teaching our children were lucky to receive. Every school system has peer pressured problems but if you involve your child in any of our art, music or academic clubs you and your child will a feel deep sense of community. Specifically, our music programs bring out the best in our children, from deep exposure to gifted artists sharing their talents, to cross age mentoring Ridgewood identifies, guides and embraces your child’s talents. Though, the parent/caregiver should be involved and ask questions for you child, because there are so many opportunities that some are missed if you don’t do your research.
I like the competitive academic environment because it motives me. However, I dislike that students can check their grades at any given time because it creates a panic.
Overall, I have loved my time at RHS. It is a very welcoming environment. The staff and teachers are always willing to help and only want the best for you. The campus itself is large and beautiful. The academics challenge students on a healthy level as well.
Ridgewood High School is overall a great place. All the teachers and students are respectful, but there are some flaws with the school. Most of the teachers I’ve had are poor, and they often teach in careless ways. However they’re all very nice people. The students here are mostly white, and they pretty much live in their own little bubble.
The teachers were great and so were the students. I felt like I received a great education. The teachers were always personal with their students and always worked to make sure that everyone succeeded.
I came to the high school with some apprehension since I was used to being with familiar teachers in my middle school, but I quickly found that I felt welcomed by all of my teachers and peers. I have flourished academically and feel that I will be prepared for college.
Overall the school is fine. Classes are competitive and makes you stressful once in a while. There are so many clubs which can make you feel like you belong somewhere.
I've been going to Ridgewood schools my entire life, and it's so interesting to know that each elementary school is different from each other, and then each middle school is different, allowing the high school to be unique and full of different students. At the same time, everyone at the high school is similar and boring.
As far as academics go, it's great and helps to prepare you for college. The only problem is that the expectations are extremely high, and it is not diverse at all.
Ridgewood schools are relatively competitive and offer rigorous courses for higher-achieving students. There are many opportunities that students can use to their advantage. Most of the teachers are pretty good, and some of them are willing to invest their time in helping students.
It has good academic environment along with many clubs and extracurricular activities. Teachers are good and always available to help.
While most teachers truly care about their students, most found it difficult to teach to an auditory learner like myself which affected my learning capabilities.
The classes are good. The school needs more clubs & activities that cater to all different students. The food in the cafeteria could be a little more diverse.
Start Your Review of Ridgewood Public School District
Ridgewood has a lot to offer in terms of both academics and extracurricular activities. Everyone is relatively nice and accepting, but there is a level of phoniness and excessive spending here, being a rich area. However, something noticeable is the high quality of teachers. There is a lot of freedom in high school and unexpected respect gained from teachers. I found that classes were challenging and prepared me well for college, and I always got wonderful feedback for my assignments and essays. Teachers were very accepting and many of my science classes were dual-enrollment, meaning even “regular” science counted as college credit. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience educationally with great teachers and opportunities.