Pikeville Independent Schools Reviews

I like how our administration cares for the students. They will make sure everyone is where they need to be.
Pikeville Jr. High/High School is a great school; in fact, that’s a bit of an understatement. With acedemic excellence and safety being their top priority, it is one of the best schools in the state of Kentucky. Not to mention the athletic teams - all of which are outstanding, including our four time national champion cheerleaders and several football state championship wins.
Pikeville Independent School really is a good school, with very little problems. The academics are some of the best in the state, I would say because of our grading scale. Unlike Pike County schools, our grading scale is 100-93, 92-83, 82-73, 72-63. This can be a bit of a pain but really it challenges us and makes us more prepared for college and the work that comes with it. The teachers are also a big plus. They all do their very best to make sure all students understand what is going on in class.
Start Your Review of Pikeville Independent Schools
Pikeville Independent Schools offers an environment which allows for thriving students and college readiness. A higher grading scale makes it harder for students to maintain a 4.0 and brings about determination and hard work which provides a college like experience. However, this experience has been tainted by administration giving us juvenile levels of respect.
My experience at Pikeville high school has been great, I moved here from another school my junior year and everyone welcomed me in like I had always been going to school with them. The teachers at Pikeville high school actually care about teaching the students and making sure we understand what is going on rather than just being here for the paycheck. Pikeville high school is an over all great school whether you're talking about the athletic programs, education, students or faculty I would recommend Pikeville to anyone looking to start over somewhere new.
Pikeville High School is the best school in Kentucky! The teachers and staff care for you and treat you like you're their own children. I've created so many bonds at PHS!
I have had an amazing experience at Pikeville High School. The education is great and the environment is very welcoming. The faculty and staff are always there to help you with whatever you need and the students have been very nice. One thing I would like to see change at Pikeville is the grading scale because I feel that it puts our students at a disadvantage because it is harder for us to get A's than at other schools.
I love Pikeville high school. It has a great administration, teaching staff, sports, and other extracurricular activities. If you are a parent, and want your child to have an amazing high school experience send them to this wonderful school; No flaws!
It is a great school to attend. It is a good class setting to learn and be able to ask questions. The teachers are very helpful and are very great about teaching their subject. The atmosphere is great and the other students are good to be around too.
I enjoy the atmosphere and its a great school district to be apart of. All the teachers are great with the students and they are very helpful. They are a major part of the school as well as the staff. My peers are also a major part of being here too.
I have been at Pikeville Independent schools since kindergarten. I would not change any of it for the world. My last 13 years here have been nothing but great! I've made lifelong friends during school. This school loves all of its students and programs. I've never seen a school support their athletic teams like PHS. I love attending Pikeville.
Great teachers and great people. I’ve learned a lot by going to this school. Only thing that could change is more disipline.
Am Alum and watch how the system has grown! Sports improved in some areas. Teachers ok and improvement with othetd. Need to offer more than Spanish as foreign language. Such as German. & Italtian.
Pikeville Independent Schools have been wonderful. The teachers and all the staff are so friendly and it feels so safe at school. I have never felt unsafe during my years at pikeville schools.
I really like Pikeville high school. This school is in a great location and the academic achievement is one of the best in the state.
My teachers are like friends who make me comfortable in my school environment.
I would have liked to have had an advantage to compete for more scholarships against the county's schools The grading scale at Pikeville High School is a 10 point scale. This makes it tough for kids who miss an A or B by 10ths of a point.
I missed out on merit scholarships because of my GPA according to Pikeville's grading scale.
My overall experience at Pikeville High School has been great. They offer a program called the Early College Academy which allows students to attend classes at our local Big Sandy Community and Technical college. This program allows me to graduate from high school with an associate's degree in May. One thing I would change about Pikeville High School would be all of the gossip among friend groups that goes on.
Start Your Review of Pikeville Independent Schools
Overall Pikeville High School is a good school. Most teachers are engaged and interested in the success of the students.