Pajaro Valley Unified School District Reviews

My experience is that there is a major disadvantage in the district. large classroom sizes, not enough teachers, insufficient resources, no mental health help, etc. Lack of facilities, teachers receiving insufficient pay.
I really liked the environment and the AP teachers were really good. There were no cliques and bullying was not common. Some of the flaws are that some of the classrooms were rundown, some teachers did not really care, and the bathrooms were disgusting. Some of the flaws are due to the lack of funds, so I understand. Overall, the school did a great job of preparing me for college.
I worked for the District for over 7 years! It was a great school but the district is lacking funding. I love the students and all the employees!
Start Your Review of Pajaro Valley Unified School District
What I like about PVHS is that it’s a small community where everyone gets involved in school spirit and other events. What I’d like to change, however is the respect some students give to the professors because it shows that no discipline has been thought.
I was enrolled at schools in the PVUSD from k-12 and overall had a good experience. Would be nice if the district had a little more money for supplies and trips. I personally missed science camp in 5th grade and no real 8th grade trip.
What I liked about this District was their involvement with their schools. It made going to these schools a lot more easy and enjoyable than most schools
I like this school because it has a very nice campus and excellent teachers. The school is nice especially the teachers because they stay after school and teach you the things you don’t get or are trying to learn I would recommend this school to parents that are thinking where to send their kids for high school .
I believe that PVUSD needs a lot of change. Unfortunately, there are a lot of schools . The lunches are soggy and unappetizing, and they have let go one of our most loved teachers, which has been a big blow. I wish this district saw th teachers as more than just a number.
Pajaro Valley Unified School District is rich in culture and diversity. Pajaro Valley High School and Watsonville High School both offer a course Coastal Ecology also called WATCH. WATCH stands for Watsonville Area Teens Conserving Habitats. This is an honors course, which is offered to high school students starting in their sophomore year. This course helps prepare high school students for college; it is rigorous work and students conduct a 6 week research project at Elkhorn Slough. Moreover, Pajaro Valley District is quite open minded to the needs and complaints of students, faculty and staff, and parents. However, they do not address them rapidly.
In my years of being in this school, I have been observing the different escalation and gradients of this school district. In every school I have been in, which have been quite a few, I have noticed the different kinds of teachers and district workers. In some of these schools, there are definitely some teachers that really need to change their behavior towards students, because sometimes theyre a little rude. However there are amazing teachers in this district as well.
My experience in the Pajaro Valley Unified School District has shown me that there is a a lot of unity among everyone. I attended Starlight Elementary, Cesar Chavez Middle School, and currently Pajaro Valley Highschool. I have done good all my years; since elementary, PVUSD teaches their students to have grit, wit, perseverance, and many other encouraging terms. PVUSD highly encourages their students to do good, specifically because it is mostly a Hispanic population. They want to see more people from our district succeed, and it has been shown because there are currently people from our district at Ivy League schools. Overall, PVUSD is a great district because it encourages students while also giving them many opportunities to succeed.
Facilities and resources are beyond terrible. Teachers receive horrible wages which is reflected on how they teach and the classroom environment.
I was part of the Pajaro Vally Unified School District my entire k through 12-grade education. The PVUSD is a great place. though out the years my experience with teachers was great. however, some programs should be reincorporated to the district like more summer programs for students and more activities to be part of afterschool.
What I liked most is that they know how to hire teachers. My teachers at Aptos High. They were almost all so eager and ready to help and teach me as a student. I could always count on them for homework help, advice, and sometimes emotional support. What I didn't like was the lack of pay cuts and deductions from our teachers. The adminstration heads didn't deserve more money our teachers do! They are the ones engaging with students, teaching students, and even learning from students. They work twice as hard.
All and all, its a good district but there’s a lot of favoritism when hiring people which has hurt their scholars educations. Honestly it’s a bad school district for students with disabilities. Sometimes the school administrators don’t always help improve the learning environment of students and some teachers are to hostile to deal with.
I really liked the way all teachers and counselors care about the student. They do everything possible to help them succeed and Excel in many areas. They prepare the individual for challenges that arise with careful steps into helping them with their education. One way the district as a whole can improve is by promoting more school sports. By doing this it can make the community come together more often at sporting events.
I feel generally supported and that there are plenty of academic opportunities for me to take part in. Yet this positive is contrasted by the overall inefficiency of the district in maintenance and repairs and advocacy of sustainable practices.
Start Your Review of Pajaro Valley Unified School District
The faculty and staff can be moody, although there are many funa nd great teachers in there. But those are the older members of the departments since few new teachers want to work in this district, with the ones who do are inexperienced and all around inconsitent. With many students having to face permantnt substitute teachers all year round.
I feel like this district has teachers and principals that don't really care about students. The students have a lot of potential but teachers do not seem to motivate students to do well in life. When I was in high school, I was always passionate about art and knew that I wanted to have a career in the art field. I had a teacher that did not really believe in me and somehow always had something negative to say about my work.
It is a relatively good school district. It is not hard to excel but you have to put in the effort. It does suffer somewhat in terms of resources due to being in a low income community, but is absolutely deserving of more support.