Orange Grove Independent School District Reviews

Orange Grove school district is very behind when it comes to development. They do not offer enough classes that are beneficial. Administrators are very two faced when it comes to approaching a student or parent of an opposite race.
I enjoy what is being attempted but the funds to do such things is nonexistent and many things are being cut due to dwindling funds.
OGISD IS A GREAT SCHOOL IN A SMALL COMMUNITY THE DISTRICT IS LIMITED ON ITS RESOURCES AND REQUIRES HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY TEACHER PAY IS LOW SO THIS HURTS STUDENT ACHIEVMENT IN SOME ACADEMIC SUBJECTS ADMINISTRATION DOES WELL WITH WHAT IT HAS BUT IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER IF WE COULD GET MORE HELP AT THE STATE LEVEL
Start Your Review of Orange Grove Independent School District
My experience was having to deal with teachers Kids given priority over the other kids. Everyone in the community sees and talks about it, but it’s only until you experience it that you find that it is a fact!
My kids score high in ACT and other functions out of school. Even the STARR test is high because the teachers don’t have control over grading. In class they also score high, but teachers give kid get bonus points/extra credit to make up, ultimately scoring higher. Gpa ends up being higher due to this reason!
Funny thing about it, year after year the top GPA’s end up coming home with out a degree! Why: because high school prepared them to give a score that was false! You need to work and earn what you deserve! This must be changed and stop using the reason that “because they are locals or teachers Kids”
My experience at Orange Grove was great. I grew up there my whole life and never went anywhere else. I never had any problems at my school and the teachers are amazing. Mrs. Bartosch is THE best teacher in the High School.
Great experience, just wish most things didn't revolve around popularity. You wouldn't get recognized if you didn't have a strong social status. While this didn't affect my experience, I noticed many other students being left out in various activities.
I like the everything that has to do with sports unfortunately the coach that was hired last year is not competitive and does not push us like we were used to being pushed before and that has led a lot of teammates to make some poor choices.
Orange Grove Texas is a small town surrounded by farmland. The majority of the buildings in this town are the school and several churches. Orange Grove does a good job at getting the community involved in sports events and other things such as fundraisers. However, Orange Grove has no value whatsoever in regards to their arts programs. The Orange Grove High School Band has the best reputation in south Texas and the choir has gone to state several times. The school district distributes no awards and does not support the arts the way it does football.
Small school atmosphere where everyone knew each other, class rooms not stuffed like the other area schools, recently built an indoor training facility.
Orange Grove has many extracurricular activities for students to try out and you can be involved in many of them at once. I love how many music classes there are and I love being able to take dual credit through coastal bend college.
I like Ogisd because education is important and students are comfortable in a great learning environment . Its family oriented no child is left behind , alot of unity within the school district every child matter. No bullying is tolerated , dress code enforced , and counselors help prepare and make everything possible for graduating students ready to transition to college , By graduation every child is prepared and has chosen their choice of universities and what Major field they will specialize in. Its a great prepatation for college. Sports are important kids are competitive