Okeechobee County School District Reviews

The Okeechobee county school is a great school district. They are very inclusive and try to make sure their students are not left behind.
It is a small town district and everyone cares about each other. There are plenty of resources offered to parents. They could get more after school activities to be better.
Okeechobee is the definition of Smalltown USA. The high school fortunately works closely with the local Indian River State College Campus so that students can begin college in High School. It is a very agricultural based community, and is very narrow minded about students pursuing careers outside of Agriculture.
Start Your Review of Okeechobee County School District
Great school with great teachers and administration. Great school with great teachers and administration. Great school with great teachers and administration.
My overall experience at okeechobee high school has been up and down. There have been teachers that know anything about what their teaching and there have been teachers who really know how to teach the entire class. Personally if a teacher doesn't know how to teach me in order to prepare for myself for succes in the future , I ask my counsler if they could kindly find me another class. Honestly though I've met people here I never thought I ever get along with. Yet all these people are just into the same things which is good but gets repetitive. The school here is big on football ,but we are terrible as a team no one gets along and is out for themselves unlike the soccer team which is truly amazing and are like family. The scool also has one of the best security I ever seen. They're always doing random drug test on students. So to answer the question overall its been an interesting 4 years.
I love the teachers and faculty. Everyone wants to see you succeed. I would just like to see more student involvement and cooperation.
Okeechobee schools lack diversity and good teachers. Many teachers teach in a mediocre way. The school lunch is horrific, sometimes the food that is supposed to be hot is frozen in the center. The guidance counselors are mostly never available. I've been to the highschool, the middle school, and elementary school, and I've had similar experiences in all.